The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-02-2021, 01:47 PM

Default *SOLD*1935 Epiphone Broadway

Hello Everyone!

Offered here is a wonderful example of Epiphone's heyday: This is a 16" Epiphone Broadway from 1935. Why sell you ask? Why indeed except to say that when it rains it pours. I now have a couple of opportunities to purchase guitars that I've been more-or-less chasing when this one came along so funds tend to get tied up and something has to give. Timing is truly everything. Frankly I will be sorry if this moves along and will happily keep it but I only have two hands and the heart wants what the heart wants.

This guitar is a cannon and I suspect the Walnut back and sides have a lot to do with it. There are no cracks or bruises other than normal play-wear. The finish is original and in decent condition with a little roughness at the heel (Pic 6). The body binding is intact however the neck binding has some shrinkage and the bass-side has split (Pic 5) although it is going nowhere and affects nothing. The original tuners work well and the overall guitar is just an awesome ride. The frets are good as is the action and the neck is smooth and not at all clubby. The label is intact and easy to read. Also, it sounds great through a DeArmond in case you are so inclined.

I believe the previous owner mentioned that the crossbar on the tailpiece and the pickguard may be a replacements but I can't tell. The original case is sound but has seen better days.

Asking $SOLD. Would prefer PayPal friends and family and I'll include CONUS shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35Epi1.jpg (44.4 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 35Epi2.jpg (41.1 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 35Epi3.jpg (27.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 35Epi4.jpg (35.9 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 35Epi5.jpg (22.3 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 35Epi6.jpg (26.6 KB, 140 views)
2019 Gypsy Round Bouche (Myrtle/Sitka) My Build
2022 Gypsy 'Enrico Macias' model (Maple/Sitka) My Build

Last edited by jazzer57; 03-04-2021 at 11:51 AM. Reason: sold

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars