The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-21-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
If he were to order from Richard's Guitars it would be ready to go without the need to do anything...Just as an example, and I fully suspect that there are other similar vendors out there that will ensure everything is ready to go...Not that he could order a Yamaha from Richard though...
A setup can be a quite personal thing though. In general, some folks like the string action higher (strummers) and some like it low (fingerpickers). When I get a guitar it almost always needs to be setup for me individually the way that I want it to be (not to some factory or luthier's specs). YMMV.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
A setup can be a quite personal thing though. In general, some folks like the string action higher (strummers) and some like it low (fingerpickers). When I get a guitar it almost always needs to be setup for me individually the way that I want it to be (not to some factory or luthier's specs). YMMV.
Richard will do the setup based on direction from the purchaser...that’s my understanding...
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-21-2019, 10:52 AM

CAME ACROSS A LOVELY GUITAR TODAY ,DOWINA MODEL FABER NOT SURE OF THE PRICE BUT LOOKS GOOD.
NOT THIS ONE, MIND YOU STEVE WOULD MAKE A PLANK SOUND GOOD .I HEARD HIM IN CONCERT ONCE BRILLIANT.

ANYWAY FIRST TIME I HEARD OF THESE GUITARS ANYONE GOT THE FABER MODEL WHATS THE VERDICT.

IT'S IN THIS LINE UP.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxriODQX-c
Old 11-21-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags View Post
CAME ACROSS A LOVELY GUITAR TODAY ,DOWINA MODEL FABER NOT SURE OF THE PRICE BUT LOOKS GOOD.
NOT THIS ONE, MIND YOU STEVE WOULD MAKE A PLANK SOUND GOOD .I HEARD HIM IN CONCERT ONCE BRILLIANT.

ANYWAY FIRST TIME I HEARD OF THESE GUITARS ANYONE GOT THE FABER MODEL WHATS THE VERDICT.

IT'S IN THIS LINE UP.
That is a brand I remember Richard talking about...I believe he picked that brand up...

I know nothing about the brand.

Cheers
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 AM

Cheers Dbone yeah he likes them a lot thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags View Post

IT'S IN THIS LINE UP.
No need to SHOUT here friend.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:50 PM

sorry about that my 6 year old grandson was doing funny things with the computer.i'm useless on computers
anyway sorted now.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Lads why wouldn't Yamaha do all all those upgrades on there LL serious acoustics in the first place.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion