The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-16-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
a lot of folks saying it adheres super well without bubbles, and remains easy to remove if needed...it is the cling type...I wonder what the secret sauce is that makes it so much better than the Taylor...
In general, black is a very unforgiving background for these clear pickguards and bubbles. My old Taylor pickguard is on my duo partner's GC-8E and looks pretty good. Same bubbles just harder to see.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
In general, black is a very unforgiving background for these clear pickguards and bubbles. My old Taylor pickguard is on my duo partner's GC-8E and looks pretty good. Same bubbles just harder to see.
Yeah, that makes some sense for sure...Steelvibes seemed to have pretty good luck with this particular product I just mentioned above though...He showed me some pictures of his install of it on a Rainsong...looked pretty good...
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 11-16-2019, 02:14 PM

My son the PhD Physical Chemist that used to work for a startup that was developing special purpose optical (adhesive in some cases) films says that you should use a bit of soapy water to put down even an adhesive film. Their product demanded no bubbles and the window tint companies seem to be able to pull it off. I never tried it.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-17-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
My son the PhD Physical Chemist that used to work for a startup that was developing special purpose optical (adhesive in some cases) films says that you should use a bit of soapy water to put down even an adhesive film. Their product demanded no bubbles and the window tint companies seem to be able to pull it off. I never tried it.
Good point and I highly recommend using a little soapy water... this will for the bubbles out and allow you to slide the film around a bit to get it in position. Dries very quickly. This is the method I have been using for screen guards for my ipads..ereaders for years....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber