The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-10-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carr View Post
Poopsidoo, no. You can put the Venue D.I. into the Tonedexter effects loop. To do this, you have to have a 1/4" stereo-to-dual mono splitter cable. This would be a "y" configuration. TRS splitting of to two TS plugs. The TRS plug goes into the Tonedexter effects jack. One plug is the tip and it goes into the input of the Venue. The other plug is the ring and it goes into the output of the Venue. When you want to play the Taylor, put the Tonedexter in bypass mode. Plug your guitar into the Tonedexter. Connect the output of the Tonedexter into your amp or p.a. and use your Venue like you normally do. When you want to play the mandolin through the Tonedexter, just use the wavemap and bypass the Venue.

Oh was thinking I would not have to plug and unplug out of the TD. Thought I would leave the guitar plugged into the venue. If I have to unplug the mando and plug in my guitar, I’d just as soon use the wave map I made for the Taylor
1965 Gibson J-45 w/K&K/Ultratonic conversion
1940's??? Harmony Patrician archtop
2002 Taylor Big Baby
1985 Kentucky KM850 mando w/lr baggs radius
1959 Gibson A-5 Mando
2004 Fender Strat (Mexican)
Army bugle
Old autoharp
Indian flute
Cowbell
Old 08-10-2020, 08:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Another option: you could also use a passive AB switch box to select which source feeds the ToneDexter effects return: the ToneDexter effects send, or an alternate source such as Venue.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification