The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

Default 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Jim, we should have a very good season and be playoff bound. I'm concerned about not having a dedicated closer. Don't want to see another closure by committee like the Sox had a few years ago. I think that was the season before Kimbrel was signed?
Look back at 2003, the disaster thereof. That led to the signing of Foulk. (And a better outcome in 2004).

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 03-22-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
Look back at 2003, the disaster thereof. That led to the signing of Foulk. (And a better outcome in 2004).
Perhaps that's the year I'm thinking of. The years just fly by and I didn't think it was that long ago.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:39 AM

Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Hayward, Lester, and Company.

Bada Bing.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 03-26-2019, 11:12 AM

Thursday we get underway! Red Sox starting the season on the West Coast in Seattle.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:53 PM

Chris Sale of the Red Sox got hammered today on opening day. Listened to some of the game on the radio while traveling.

Anyone watch any games?
Old 03-28-2019, 11:36 PM

Over in Philly, Bryce Harper gets booed big time for the first time! Striking out with a man on third and nobody out isn't tolerated in Philadelphia-----especially if you just signed for $330 million!

Fog
Old 03-29-2019, 07:01 AM

I couldn't keep away. I watched the top of the 9th of the Reds/Pirates opener. The Bucs lost 5-3 in the top of the 9th with the bases loaded. So close, but it ain't a game of horseshoes.

Projections have the Pirates having another 71 win season and their payroll is the second lowest in MLB. While I miss taking my kid downtown to PNC Park I still don't think I can get emotionally invested - and quite frankly it's just too expensive. I just can't justify spending $300 all told for an outing for such a lackluster team that has a front office that projects all the passion of an accountant firm. It's such a shame too because we taxpayers are paying the freight for a beautiful ball park.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
Over in Philly, Bryce Harper gets booed big time for the first time! Striking out with a man on third and nobody out isn't tolerated in Philadelphia-----especially if you just signed for $330 million!

Fog
You were watching a different game than I was. Everyone booed when he was intentionally walked with guys on second and third and no outs. The Braves made the logical choice that they'd rather have their righty pitcher face a righty hitter with the double play in place than face Harper without a DP possibility. So they put Harper on and everyone booed and then Hoskins came up and hit a grand salami and the place went nuts. Harper and the other guys they signed will make the whole lineup better. There was a level of excitement in Philly for this opening day that hasn't been seen here since 2011 when they had the four aces. Starting pitching is still a question mark here, but this lineup is gonna be putting up some crooked numbers and Harper will be a big part of that even on days when he doesn't get a hit.

-Ray
Old 03-29-2019, 09:57 AM

Thumbs up

The Philly's outfield, if they stay healthy, is going to demolish the NL! But the Mets' Degrom is the man...that's going to be a great series
Old 03-29-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
You were watching a different game than I was. Everyone booed when he was intentionally walked with guys on second and third and no outs. The Braves made the logical choice that they'd rather have their righty pitcher face a righty hitter with the double play in place than face Harper without a DP possibility. So they put Harper on and everyone booed and then Hoskins came up and hit a grand salami and the place went nuts. Harper and the other guys they signed will make the whole lineup better. There was a level of excitement in Philly for this opening day that hasn't been seen here since 2011 when they had the four aces. Starting pitching is still a question mark here, but this lineup is gonna be putting up some crooked numbers and Harper will be a big part of that even on days when he doesn't get a hit.

-Ray
Ray, don't crush someone else's dreams. Dreams are sacred!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
Ray, don't crush someone else's dreams. Dreams are sacred!
I know, I was just rising to the righteous defense of my OWN dream!
Old 03-29-2019, 12:57 PM

Padres fan, yes I know how the season will end. But I'll bet from time to time they will give some teams heartburn during the season.

When I was living in Seattle I was a Mariners fan. I know how they feel the first few weeks of the season. This morning their fans woke up to see them a solid 3-0 wahoo! But as with some other teams this glow will soon fade as April disappears to May and the reality that that long ago 116 win season will become another "remember when" in June.

Meanwhile at Dodger Stadium the dust has settled after the boys circled the bases many times yesterday. Where was all that offence last October? No, they won't be that good everyday, but it was a very nice way to open the year. So, maybe they didn't have to spend a Gillion Dollars to secure a super star?

Across town the Angels need to shake off game one and trust that Mike will only get better day by day after an opening day loss and not run production.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 03-29-2019, 02:36 PM

Wink

How about my Mariners!! batting a 1,000
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 03-30-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post

Fog
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
How about my Mariners!! batting a 1,000
Close one last night but the Red Sox pulled it out with 3 in the ninth to win 7-6, after being down 6-1. Pinch hit 3 run HR.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM

What's happened to the Red Sox this year? Obviously their pitching wasn't ready after the pre-season.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic