The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Nick84 Nick84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 829
Default Incoming NGD (Eastman)

Thanks to all of you for taking part in the poll. I was torn between the Eastman and waiting for the Yamaha FG3.

However the pictures of this particular Eastman on the website nudged me in the direction of the E1D. The flame on the neck looks gorgeous! It should be with me either Monday or Tuesday. The link has the pictures of the actual guitar:

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars...-d-natural.htm
__________________
Yamaha LJ16BC
Yamaha A3R Ltd
Sigma TM-12e+
Eastman E1D
Guild M240e
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2019, 07:30 AM
Matt McGriff Matt McGriff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Gator Country
Posts: 1,867
Default

Nice! Love my E1D.
__________________
<į)))<

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnaught)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:19 AM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 24,717
Default

Looks good, let us know how it sounds and plays, congrats.
__________________
Barry

By The Meadow {Barry} ***** Second Cup of Coffee {Barry} ***** Ciuil Amuigh {Trad. Scottish, arr. S. Wake}

Me and my Kazoo

Avalon L2-320C, Larrivee OM-05, Guild D-120c, Gibson J-45, Martin D-16GT and others
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Treenewt Treenewt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,664
Default

Congrats! I had an E1OM for a bit, and it was a stellar little OM. Iím sure the dread will be a great guitar as well! Love the figuring on the neck!
__________________
Treenewt

Larrivťe OM-03
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Nick84 Nick84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 829
Default

The guitar arrived safely today. Only had half an hour of playing time with it but Iím happy, it has the sound I had in my head when I was listening to the videos videos over and over!

Fit and finish is decent although there are a few blobs of glue on the inside around the edges and a little of overspray with the nitro on the inside of the soundhole but Iím nitpicking.

Iím looking forward to giving it a set up (it doesnít need too much just a little of the saddle shaving down). The neck is dead straight and nut is cut very well.

Quick question for other owners - the ebony end pin looks quite large. Has anyone removed it to fit a pickup, and if you did, did the hole need reaming out or was it already the correct size?
__________________
Yamaha LJ16BC
Yamaha A3R Ltd
Sigma TM-12e+
Eastman E1D
Guild M240e
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Treenewt Treenewt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
The guitar arrived safely today. Only had half an hour of playing time with it but Iím happy, it has the sound I had in my head when I was listening to the videos videos over and over!

Fit and finish is decent although there are a few blobs of glue on the inside around the edges and a little of overspray with the nitro on the inside of the soundhole but Iím nitpicking.

Iím looking forward to giving it a set up (it doesnít need too much just a little of the saddle shaving down). The neck is dead straight and nut is cut very well.

Quick question for other owners - the ebony end pin looks quite large. Has anyone removed it to fit a pickup, and if you did, did the hole need reaming out or was it already the correct size?
Congrats again! If memory serves, Eastman pre drills all their end pins to be receive a standard jack insert. You shouldn't need any modifications.
__________________
Treenewt

Larrivťe OM-03
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Pura Vida Pura Vida is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Northern CA & Costa Rica
Posts: 1,459
Default

Congrats, Nick! That flamed neck is gorgeous. Agree with treenewt about the end pin.
__________________
"It's only castles burning." - Neil Young
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:53 AM
jazzguy jazzguy is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 1,163
Default

Nice wood on the back and neck!! Let us know how you like it.
__________________
Taylor 512e BTO 2016
Taylor GS Mini-e Walnut 2018
Fender Classic Player 60's MIJ Stratocaster 1992
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Nick84 Nick84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
Congrats again! If memory serves, Eastman pre drills all their end pins to be receive a standard jack insert. You shouldn't need any modifications.
Brilliant Iíve got a Baggs M80 doing nothing that would go really well in there
__________________
Yamaha LJ16BC
Yamaha A3R Ltd
Sigma TM-12e+
Eastman E1D
Guild M240e
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Charmed Life Picks's Avatar
Charmed Life Picks Charmed Life Picks is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 6,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
Thanks to all of you for taking part in the poll. I was torn between the Eastman and waiting for the Yamaha FG3.

However the pictures of this particular Eastman on the website nudged me in the direction of the E1D. The flame on the neck looks gorgeous! It should be with me either Monday or Tuesday. The link has the pictures of the actual guitar:

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars...-d-natural.htm
Exciting, Nick. Welcome to the wonderful world of Eastman. Do keep us posted on your impressions.

scott memmer
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Fret-O'File Fret-O'File is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Marshall, NC
Posts: 1,028
Default

Congrats! It's so nice that you can get a good quality instrument for not a lot of money! Enjoy!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:46 PM
johbren johbren is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: lewisburg ohio
Posts: 394
Default

My first eastman should be in my hands tommorrow. AC322CE.
__________________
2005 seagull mini jumbo hg,s sound port. 2005 seagull folk GT s6 limited edition. 2005 Alvarez ap70 . cordoba c9 2017 Alvarez abt 60 2018 Alavarez mfa66ce 2018 takamine gj72 12 string Eastman ac322ce 2019
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:05 AM
backdoc backdoc is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 351
Default

I have three Eastman acoustics and love them all. I'm sure you'll be happy. I have seen a few that weren't set up too well though. One of mine was going to be sold until I got a good setup and it moved right up to my #1 spot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=