The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-18-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendoggy View Post
hmmmm.. just went through this whole thread and don't see a link to anything.

But a LAPTOP case! interesting idea... maybe i'll look there next.

:-)
week old, but, my wife got me a small generic pedal board bag. works good..
look like the UK had a few more styles.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:55 PM

Thumbs down T

Removed....

Last edited by Tapping; 09-12-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapping View Post
...the EQ works to add/remove some air and cut unwanted boomy bass, but isn't sufficient to both remove the offending frequencies and boost the desired in the critical midrange.
Even sweeping through from 200hz to 3khz you weren't able to find the right mid frequency?
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 09-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

I had one for a bit, I really wanted to like it but in the end I didn't think my K&K equipped guitar sounded good going through it.
Old 09-05-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
I had one for a bit, I really wanted to like it but in the end I didn't think my K&K equipped guitar sounded good going through it.
Same. I tried a used one from Pitbull Audio but moved it along. Conceptually I really wanted to love it but both my SBT equipped guitars (Journey and JJB) just didn’t do it for me. Maybe USTs or mag pups would work better.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapping View Post
So I'm taking a rick being a nay-sayer, but I really want some feedback adn looking at options.

I'm a steel string fingerpicker with a Jumbo Custom Breedlove with a Lyric.
Based on my ear and passion for warmth, this is realty detailed, but irritatingly bright for my taste. I've been struggling to EQ the Lyric, to be fair, but my rig sounds way better if I remove the Soulmate and plug in directly or through my EQ2 then to my Little Monster BM (upgraded the tubes). For a while I thought just the reverb was bright, but then I realized that the whole thing is really edgy bright. I also assert that that the EQ works to add/remove some air and cut unwanted boomy bass, but isn't sufficient to both remove the offending frequencies and boost the desired in the critical midrange.

Anyone concur and have any helpful constructive contributions?

I do. I had the acoustic soulmate and i did try to like it but since the beginning I noticed many issues. The eq section cannot be disabled, the so called automatic notch filter is intermittently working and does not grant any functionality in a live situation. The reverb was less than decent. I sold it and got a boss ad10, just another story. . The ad10 has high and low pass filters , para eq, Q , compression with hard and soft knee, 3 notch filters, eq can be disabled, and there are 10 presets.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:50 PM

I've had the Soulmate for a couple of years. It's a cool all-in-one unit, but I find it a challenge to dial in subtle amounts of reverb and/or delay for ambience. The range tends to go from barely present to far too wet.

The EQ section does what I need it to do for my guitars live, but I can't say I'm wowed with the results. The Grace Audio Felix or Sunn Audio MS2 are the winners in that category.

My biggest gripe with the Soulmate, however, is that in bright outdoor settings, which happens to be where most of my acoustic gigs happen, it's near impossible to see any of the indicator lights on the effects or the tuner. That to me is a glaring fail, no pun intended.

Last edited by Sunil; 09-06-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:07 PM

Yes, I can sweep, but there are several many ugly freqs in there and it only let's me choose one. I have the same thoughts on the rev/delay. I appreciate you all my brothers. this was my first attempt at any pedals and I appreciate you all validating what I was hearing. I know some people love it and it is really easy to use and has lots' of features. I think I'm ready for an upgrade. Gonna put this thing on Reverb.

Last edited by Tapping; 09-06-2021 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:51 AM

I had the Soulmate and didn't like the dual knobs for the EQ's. Plus I thought sweep able frequencies for bass and treble was overkill. I also agree that the effects go from barely there to way too much too quickly. I also though everything had a "metalic" sound to it. The unit colored the sound too much. It's also very overpriced.

Last edited by JackB1; 09-08-2021 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:08 AM
Charter Member

Someday I’ll have to try the AD10, because some presets would be nice, but the button situation looks awkward - I like the simplicity of the Soulmates layout and operation. My choice is to use only minimal eq and effects, and my Soulmate gives me a great sound, that other players notice and comment on. I’d still recommend it -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification