The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 AM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default Nice to be able to play with your kid.

https://youtu.be/tzHZB_wS6TE

City living at it's best. What better way to spend a spring afternoon than playing music with family. My son and I are covering the Dead classic "Fire on the Mountain" with some of his music teachers backing us. Look for the firetrucks racing up the avenue behind us during the intro. Who's in your musical family?
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style

Last edited by started with 1; 02-03-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:41 PM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default

I fixed a sound problem.
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:48 PM
rockbyriver rockbyriver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Montreal
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by started with 1 View Post
https://youtu.be/tzHZB_wS6TE

City living at it's best. What better way to spend a spring afternoon than playing music with family. My son and I are covering the Dead classic "Fire on the Mountain" with some of his music teachers backing us. Look for the firetrucks racing up the avenue behind us during the intro. Who's in your musical family?
You are truly blessed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-05-2019, 05:28 AM
Bob Womack's Avatar
Bob Womack Bob Womack is offline
Guitar Gourmet
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Between Clever and Stupid
Posts: 21,596
Default

I had a period when my son and I met once a week and played guitar. That was a blast! Eventually his work as a machinist beat up his hands to where it wasn't much fun for him so we quit. He's since moved up the ladder to supervisor, manager, and eventually director of two divisions so I'm hoping his hands will become healed enough to start up again.


Bob
__________________
"It is said, 'Go not to the elves for counsel for they will say both no and yes.' "
Frodo Baggins to Gildor Inglorion, The Fellowship of the Ring

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 584
Default

IMG_3134.jpgIMG_3426.jpg

SonnyBoy has moved to St. Louis with his new bride. But I sill have No.1 Girl living pretty close by. My new daughter-in-law, like my SonnyBoy is a Berklee School of Music grad. No.1 Girl decided after graduation not to pursue a singer/stage actor career. Both of my kids are light years more talented than I ever was. We play and sing whenever we get together. I feel itís one of my lifeís greatest gifts!
__________________
I love playing guitar
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2019, 02:02 PM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Attachment 21334Attachment 21335

SonnyBoy has moved to St. Louis with his new bride. But I sill have No.1 Girl living pretty close by. My new daughter-in-law, like my SonnyBoy is a Berklee School of Music grad. No.1 Girl decided after graduation not to pursue a singer/stage actor career. Both of my kids are light years more talented than I ever was. We play and sing whenever we get together. I feel itís one of my lifeís greatest gifts!
We are lucky men. Having music as a part of our family's daily life is one of my greatest gifts. There are moments when we are together playing music that are unlike any other. I treasure them every time.
Joe
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Chickee Chickee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by started with 1 View Post
We are lucky men. Having music as a part of our family's daily life is one of my greatest gifts. There are moments when we are together playing music that are unlike any other. I treasure them every time.
Joe
As you should.
__________________
I love playing guitar
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2019, 08:43 AM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I had a period when my son and I met once a week and played guitar. That was a blast! Eventually his work as a machinist beat up his hands to where it wasn't much fun for him so we quit. He's since moved up the ladder to supervisor, manager, and eventually director of two divisions so I'm hoping his hands will become healed enough to start up again.


Bob


Bob,
Having struggled with tendon pain these last several months I feel for him. My best wishes for you starting up again.
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Pura Vida Pura Vida is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Northern CA & Costa Rica
Posts: 1,459
Default

Nice job, both of you! And what a great moment to play together. Really, really cool
__________________
"It's only castles burning." - Neil Young
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 PM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Nice job, both of you! And what a great moment to play together. Really, really cool


Thanks for listening. We played it again last night. Best time together ever.
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 AM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
As you should.
Thanks everyone. We are a fortunate family.
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:53 AM
Bunnyf Bunnyf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 144
Default

One of my greatest joys is making music with my family. My husband plays bass and a little guitar (not as often as Iíd like). My son will pick up a bass or a guitar, harmonica whenever he stops over to visit and weíll always jam for a while. A few of my other kids will pick up an ukulele and jam out with me when they are here. Itís always alot of fun.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 32,712
Default

Very cool to savor those moments. There are so many things that can divide family members, especially children and parents. Music is one of those things that can bring people together. Very nice!

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=