The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Methos1979's Avatar
Methos1979 Methos1979 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 3,950
Default Emerald order placed this morning - now the wait!

For an X10 gig bag. I'm thinking next week...
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------

Methos1979: Every guitar-related review I've written on AGF!

NO1U Know - our official acoustic duo website
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:06 PM
Earl49 Earl49 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 7,302
Default

At least there won't be a four month assembly wait.

I have a tentative discussion going with Kevin for a green custom X20 to match my custom X20-12. It would be a 24.6" (or maybe 24.9") scale, with only 20 frets on the fret board, plus would delete the pickup, with a gig bag instead of a Hiscox case. A local friend is eyeing my current stock X20, and if he goes for it I will pull the trigger on the short scale replacement. My aging left hand likes the shorter scale lengths these days.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
For an X10 gig bag. I'm thinking next week...
It is quite similar to the X7 gig bag; should feel familiar to you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:30 PM
Methos1979's Avatar
Methos1979 Methos1979 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 3,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
At least there won't be a four month assembly wait.

I have a tentative discussion going with Kevin for a green custom X20 to match my custom X20-12. It would be a 24.6" (or maybe 24.9") scale, with only 20 frets on the fret board, plus would delete the pickup, with a gig bag instead of a Hiscox case. A local friend is eyeing my current stock X20, and if he goes for it I will pull the trigger on the short scale replacement. My aging left hand likes the shorter scale lengths these days.
I've had a similar discussion going with Kevin, going back and forth between X10 and X7, steel and nylon. Since acquiring Evan's X10 nylon I'm not leaning towards an X7 steel with an Anthem StagePro but that's on hold pending the sale of my X20.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------

Methos1979: Every guitar-related review I've written on AGF!

NO1U Know - our official acoustic duo website
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Methos1979's Avatar
Methos1979 Methos1979 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 3,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
It is quite similar to the X7 gig bag; should feel familiar to you.
I tried my X7 gig bag but I'd have to cut the top off to get it to fit! I've been using the X20 gig bag and would have been happy with that but since the X20 is for sale then that will go when it sells. I really hate hard cases. The X10 hard case is gorgeous but just WAY too much for my needs. It will get thrown in the closet never to be seen again until the day it gets sold.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------------------

Methos1979: Every guitar-related review I've written on AGF!

NO1U Know - our official acoustic duo website
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Earl49 Earl49 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 7,302
Default

Email just sent re: your X20.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:09 PM
EvanB EvanB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,875
Default

Earl's down, but on the hunt. Uh Oh!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2019, 08:29 PM
Captain Jim Captain Jim is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I tried my X7 gig bag but I'd have to cut the top off to get it to fit! I've been using the X20 gig bag and would have been happy with that but since the X20 is for sale then that will go when it sells. I really hate hard cases. The X10 hard case is gorgeous but just WAY too much for my needs. It will get thrown in the closet never to be seen again until the day it gets sold.
The X10 gig bag is definitely bigger in all dimensions compared to the previous generation X7 gig bag. They share a similar shape and construction. I like that Hiscox case, but the gig bag is so handy... as long as you are the one carting your guitar around.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=