The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-19-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmars View Post
I cannot find a case for my "new" 30's kalamazoo kg-21. I tried posting here and not even a response. Mine is a unusual size being almost 6" think with the archtop and back and bridge, but only a 14 1/2 lower bout. MY problem is I live in desert and hard to keep it humidified in the old vintage chipboard case that fits it now, having to keep extra sponge humidifiers and replace the bovida pouches often. Let me know if you find a solution?
I own a Godin 5th Ave. When I got it, I wasn't sure what I thought about the case in which it came. It looks like a giant styrofoam bike helmet. Over time, I have come to appreciate it, it's light and like storing the guitar in a insulated cooler. It looks like the ones they sell now are nicer than mine, they put it inside a fabric case, but it sounds like the same sort of deal --

https://godinguitars.com/tric.htm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops