The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-02-2024, 07:34 PM

Down to the final 7-8 games. What a great race for the Art Ross. I've been waiting over a month for McDavid to catch up and he did. Amazing. Rooting for him to hit 100 assists.

How's your team going? As a Bruins fan, I don't want them to win the President's trophy. Not only that, I'd prefer them to not have home ice advantage (although they will first round) because didn't work for them last year.

Anyone see the stat that last night that Crosby just completed his 19th consecutive season of averaging at least 1 point per game? That ties Gretzky. Both did it starting in their first season.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Down to the final 7-8 games. What a great race for the Art Ross. I've been waiting over a month for McDavid to catch up and he did. Amazing. Rooting for him to hit 100 assists.

How's your team going? As a Bruins fan, I don't want them to win the President's trophy. Not only that, I'd prefer them to not have home ice advantage (although they will first round) because didn't work for them last year.

Anyone see the stat that last night that Crosby just completed his 19th consecutive season of averaging at least 1 point per game? That ties Gretzky. Both did it starting in their first season.
Yeah Dru, I've been watching the Pens just to keep tabs on Crosby's progress in the record books. I was watching last night when he recorded his 82nd point, thus assuring that he'll finish with at least a point per game average and tying Gretsky's mark of 19 consecutive seasons.

Tonight against the Devils, he scored 2 goals and with 84 points on the season he has actually set a new record for consecutive seasons with more than a point per game average. Gretsky's 19 seasons included a season where he scored exactly 1 point per game (1994-95, 48 points in 48 games). So, Sid stands alone on that mountain top.

I'll be watching for the rest of the season to see if he scores one more goal to make this a 40 goal season, three more assists to make 1,000 assists for his career and 7 more points to pass Phil Esposito to enter the top 10 in all-time NHL scoring.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-02-2024, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Gretzky did it in a free scoring era but averaged 1.92 ppg to Sid's 1.25. Still quite a accomplishment. Dru, agree with you - first round will be terrifying.
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 04-03-2024, 09:48 AM

Default How's your team going?

Going down the tubes! In the last month the Wings have simply lost their grip on a play-off spot.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:16 AM

TBH I haven't been able to watch unless I change my cable provider. I'm glad to hear that the Penguins are still in the hunt.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:24 PM

Oh yeah! Playoffs....my favorite part of the year...Masters golf and NHL....I wish you all good luck. I, sadly, am an Islanders fan, and there's still some playoff hope, but will watch as many games as possible. The NY Rangers just might do it. We'll see.
PS: I'm also a Mets fan. Just can't win!

Last edited by Lkristians; 04-03-2024 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:00 PM

Did not expect NJ and PIT to be outside of the playoff picture this year.

Did not expect Flyers would be in.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Oh yeah! Playoffs....my favorite part of the year...Masters golf and NHL....I wish you all good luck. I, sadly, am an Islanders fan, and there's still some playoff hope, but will watch as many games as possible. The NY Rangers just might do it. We'll see.
PS: I'm also a Mets fan. Just can't win!
I was waiting for some kind of jinx, but the Isles clinched a berth, so here we go!
Old 04-19-2024, 12:52 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Going down the tubes! In the last month the Wings have simply lost their grip on a play-off spot.
And there you have it!
Old 04-19-2024, 09:17 PM

Yup, and the Pens are hitting the links too.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yup, and the Pens are hitting the links too.
That Karlsson trade was terrible. At least Crosby had a great year. As much as I can't see Sid not in a Pens' uniform, I think I'd like to see him traded next season to a contender. He just stated he wants to resign though.

Looking forward to the Bruins/Leafs tonight.
Old 04-20-2024, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That Karlsson trade was terrible. At least Crosby had a great year. As much as I can't see Sid not in a Pens' uniform, I think I'd like to see him traded next season to a contender. He just stated he wants to resign though.

Looking forward to the Bruins/Leafs tonight.
I'd argue that the Karlsson trade was fine, it just didn't work out as they hoped it would. Adding Karlsson and his bad contract was surely preferable to having Petry, Grandlund, Rutta, and their bad contracts. Adding Karlsson was supposed to improve the Pens offense and especially their power play. Didn't happen, but it wasn't all Karlsson's fault.

Bruins with a chance for redemption for last year's first round. Should be an interesting matchup with the Leafs.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-20-2024, 12:24 PM

While I follow the Kings locally but my favorite team is the Avalanche. Ever since Patrick Roy was the baddest man in a goal and Joe Sakic up front. I see a good possibility for them to repeat.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:26 PM

Default Boston

I値l be rooting for the Bruins.
Old 04-20-2024, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
I値l be rooting for the Bruins.

And I値l be rooting for the LEAFS.

Wondering what *dirty play* Marchand will be up to.
I知 thinking he値l slew foot somebody.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic