The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-13-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
Update.
I gave up on the LR Baggs Element, even with a new saddle it was still unbalanced.
So I bought and installed the old and trusty K&K pure mini pickup.
And it sounds good plugged straight into the Da Capo 75 amp as expected. So I'm happy now.
If it's any consolation the Baggs Element has probably sold more K&K Pure Mini pickups than any advertisement could have hoped for.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:51 AM

I've had over a dozen guitars with Elements and never had a string balance issue. I think you had a defective piezo element or the bottom slot where the saddle sits was uneven.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
... I think you had a defective piezo element or the bottom slot where the saddle sits was uneven.
I'm pretty sure it was one of these issues but I lost patience and didn't want to investigate where there the problem was.
Easier to get a new KK pure mini pickup installed and get less piezo quack but on the other hand probably more feedback.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification