The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-30-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
People aren't really answering my question.....

When using an amp and PA, would you just put the vocals through the PA and the guitar just coming out of the AMP.....or......would you DI out from the amp to the PA and have both coming out the PA and just have the amp for your own stage sound/monitor?
Sorry yes I di out to the board. Usually but not always. When I do it's just a little with most of the
Vol coming from the amp.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

I keep it simple also -- I play solo with my Martin 00-28 with K&K, and vocal (Shure SM-58) -- all played thru a Fishman Loudbox Artist. Works great for the restaurants, patios, breweries, etc. that I perform at. I always ask some folks for feedback on sound and it's almost always very positive. My lovely wife is my sound check person and she might occasionally make minor gain/volume and mix adjustments on the Loudbox (usually something like -- "your vocals need to come up" or "the guitar is too loud" or whatever). I often see performers with way too much sound gear for the venue they're performing at. Not sure if I'm being lazy or smart, but it works for me. YMMV.

Enjoy making music!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
Dang you guys like carrying a lot of stuff. I just my amp for everything and leave the PA at home unless it's a really large venue. To answer the OP's question when I do run my amp direct into the PA I still run my vocals through the amp. Most good quality acoustic amps handle vocals very nicely and it gives me control of my sound from the stage without having to rely on a soundman.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
What amp do you use?
It really depends on the venue. For most I use my Bose S1. Really small gigs or lining out to the house PA I'll use my Loudbox Mini. If it's going to be a loud room, I'll use my Loudbox Performer. If it's a really wide open space I'll use my Loudbox Mini and line out into my Bose L1c. I try to match my system to the gig. Luckily I can usually use the S1 or LB Mini for almost all my gigs. They're much easier to carry. And I just plug straight in for vocals and guitar.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 07-30-2020, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

Not doing anything these days. That said, I have used a Fishman Loudbox Mini with the guitar and mic into that, and a line out from that to a Bose L1c. I replaced the Mini with a Bose S1 when that came out; same procedure. Where I know what I'll have for placement, I have used the L1c by itself (using a TC Helicon pedal for reverb and effects). I have not tried the Mini or the S1 by themselves, other than for rehearsal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification