The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-16-2021, 06:13 PM

Default NGD

got a guitar today, no sense posting an image,im sure you know what it looks like, Yamaha pacifica 112v old violin sunburst, no complaints about the fit and finish, not sure if it will a keeper or like new for sale, time will tell, i wanted the 112j, only real difference i saw was the V had the split humbucker, i didnt care about that, and the alnico pickups, the cheaper j model had ceramic which i would of preferred, but old violin finish is hard to come by and backordered everywhere, i also got a SUPER price on the 112v and my local store, so i didnt want to pass up a deal like that
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-16-2021, 07:03 PM

Nice! Congrats!

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-08-2023 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Public discussion of price not allowed
Old 02-16-2021, 08:20 PM

My 012 has been with me since 2011 and has had every thing aside from the bridge, neck and body upgraded on it. Great feel. Super versatile with the pickups I have in it. And it stays and tune perfectly even using the trem. Congratulations. Check out the 6 series next time. Lots of guitar for the money.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:52 PM

Congrats. For 20+ years I've heard only good things about the Pacifica. That particular model is really nice looking as well.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
My 012 has been with me since 2011 and has had every thing aside from the bridge, neck and body upgraded on it. Great feel. Super versatile with the pickups I have in it. And it stays and tune perfectly even using the trem. Congratulations. Check out the 6 series next time. Lots of guitar for the money.
Don't want to derail the thread, but how do you like that Revstar 502T?
Old 02-17-2021, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
Don't want to derail the thread, but how do you like that Revstar 502T?
It's very awesome. The most responsive guitar I've ever played. Any little change to any of the dials or the selector switch actually makes the guitar sound different in some way. It's heavy, but has phenomenal sustain. Looks great. Plays easy. I'll probably never sell it.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I also bought top of the line, 611VFM. Bonafide Seymour Duncan PUs, locking tuners, black tusq nut. Nothing needed upgrading. The 1.625" nut is a little tight and I ended up putting another Tusq nut on with slightly wider spacing.

I had already bought a few $400 guitars and always spent more time and money upgrading tuners, bridges, nuts, switches, etc. The Pac 600 series are a good deal IMO. I also didn't need to level the frets. A very comfortable guitar as well.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoy View Post
I also bought top of the line, 611VFM. Bonafide Seymour Duncan PUs, locking tuners, black tusq nut. Nothing needed upgrading. The 1.625" nut is a little tight and I ended up putting another Tusq nut on with slightly wider spacing.

I had already bought a few $400 guitars and always spent more time and money upgrading tuners, bridges, nuts, switches, etc. The Pac 600 series are a good deal IMO. I also didn't need to level the frets. A very comfortable guitar as well.
I would (and have done) that same mod to the nut. My A5R I had needed a little wider-spaced nut, as did my 012 Pacifica. The 611 is on my short list and will likely be my next electric unless I come across a tele- type Pacifica again.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
It's very awesome. The most responsive guitar I've ever played. Any little change to any of the dials or the selector switch actually makes the guitar sound different in some way. It's heavy, but has phenomenal sustain. Looks great. Plays easy. I'll probably never sell it.
Thanks for that, YamahaGuy! Much appreciated.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:25 PM

Congrats on your Pacifica!
I have some of the older ones from the 90's...
Old 02-17-2021, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

The Yamaha Pacifica is a great guitar! Have fun!

- Glenn
Old 02-18-2021, 09:45 AM

my fingers are sore playing it, im starting to like it better!, my only concern is i really think it needs a good set up, it has a slight upward bow in the neck, more then i think it should, my tele style neck is almost straight, i think the action could be a bit lower but really good as it is, im hesitant to take it anywhere- you never know what youll get, i might tackle a little bit myself and see what i end up with, worse case scenario,ill either make it better or end up at the guitar shop, another problem is finding a nice small practice amp with this hearing i got, i like my super champ XD, but using it on volume 1 and my guitar pot 1/2 off doesnt seem to be doing the amp any favors. i found a fender champion 30 DSP for $75 i may go look at, nice reviews but not sure how well those old fender transistors hold up- i seen some really noisy hum and buzz fenders suffer from this in those low priced solid states
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-18-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
my fingers are sore playing it, im starting to like it better!, my only concern is i really think it needs a good set up, it has a slight upward bow in the neck, more then i think it should, my tele style neck is almost straight, i think the action could be a bit lower but really good as it is, im hesitant to take it anywhere- you never know what youll get, i might tackle a little bit myself and see what i end up with, worse case scenario,ill either make it better or end up at the guitar shop, another problem is finding a nice small practice amp with this hearing i got, i like my super champ XD, but using it on volume 1 and my guitar pot 1/2 off doesnt seem to be doing the amp any favors. i found a fender champion 30 DSP for $75 i may go look at, nice reviews but not sure how well those old fender transistors hold up- i seen some really noisy hum and buzz fenders suffer from this in those low priced solid states
What about getting a multi effects unit and practicing "silently" with headphones. I really like my THR30ii but the price is very high for a "practice" amp. Regardless, I'm using it at a venue and DI-ing it into a PA. Sounds killer.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:04 PM

cant do that, got a cochlear implant, what i hear is different to make a long story short, im just thankful i can play guitar after 40 years of not hearing!- had to dump off a vox ad30vt and a marshall mg30dx, got both them both used, luckily i lost -0- $- anyway- picked up the fender champion 30dsp, didnt care much for the new 20 and 40 watt models at guitar center, but this amp just sounds great with my hearing, glad i got it and for $70 i couldnt be happier! its puts out a nice guitar full sound rather then that bass heavy vox or marshall screech , i think that yamaha guitar mates very well with it
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-18-2021, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

I'd comment on your NGD, but I'm sure you can guess what I'd say.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars