The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-17-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
So that was very recent, wasn’t it? If you don’t mind sharing for clarification, who did you pay the $82 to, and what was it for? There seem to be two varieties of this - one being a fee of some sort being collected by the carrier, and the other being collected by Customs.

Either way, it seems to be arbitrary.
I paid it to UPS. I deleted my email but it said it customs wouldn’t release my guitar until it was paid. It may well have been a carrier fee since it was paid to UPS but they called it a customs fee.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
I paid it to UPS. I deleted my email but it said it customs wouldn’t release my guitar until it was paid. It may well have been a carrier fee since it was paid to UPS but they called it a customs fee.
Thanks!

Still none the wiser about who gets picked for this ‘service’, how, or why.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-18-2021, 04:53 PM

I've said before that it seems to be a random bureaucratic error. Someone in a cubicle somewhere clicks the wrong box on a screen and voila - you get charged. I suspect there is no other rhyme nor reason. By the way, UPS already has your guitar but they owe US Customs for the alleged fee, so they don't want to release it until they have funds in hand. My first notice was a "failed delivery attempt" note left at my UPS Store private mailbox by the brown truck driver, with a follow-up email. If they had notified me in advance the cashier's check (no cash or credit card accepted) would have had been waiting for the driver, and the extra day of delay would have been avoided.

I wasn't real happy and eventually got the money back, but I want the rest of the story to get out there - for the next guy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber