The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-11-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
If I were you I would try to use a mic to record acoustic guitar. It can take a long time finding the best mic placement but I'm sure it would sound more natural than a piezo pickup or a magnetic pickup.
Yes it sounds natural,but it picks up every little sound such as pick noise, hand movements, string squeaks etc....I just didn't like what I was hearing. The Seymour Duncan Woody just sounds better to my ears and taste. It's the sound I want. I'm running the Woody thru the Supro amp and recording the line out from there. This gives me the best consistent sound I was looking for. I've already tried a zillion combinations and mic placements with all my available amps and mics. The Woody/Supro combination topped them all. Going into tape then into the computer for noise reduction and editing just hits the spot for me. I'm very happy with my latest recordings.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 03-12-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
Yes it sounds natural,but it picks up every little sound such as pick noise, hand movements, string squeaks etc....I just didn't like what I was hearing. The Seymour Duncan Woody just sounds better to my ears and taste. It's the sound I want. I'm running the Woody thru the Supro amp and recording the line out from there. This gives me the best consistent sound I was looking for. I've already tried a zillion combinations and mic placements with all my available amps and mics. The Woody/Supro combination topped them all. Going into tape then into the computer for noise reduction and editing just hits the spot for me. I'm very happy with my latest recordings.
Well, there is truth that the SD woody is definitely in a class by itself!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Your Supro "line out" is that the jack for an extension speaker ? I'll have to give that a try on my Supro, with my PRS electric, but honestly so far I am pretty happy with running the extension speaker for my Supro, and then mic'ing both speakers with my pair of AEA N 22's . Gotta say I like the sound your getting with the SD Woody into your amp better than what I get with my Fishmann Matrix, which is why I don't particularly care for with my acoustic into my Supro.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-12-2020 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Your Supro "line out" is that the jack for an extension speaker ? I'll have to give that a try on my Supro, with my PRS electric, but honestly so far I am pretty happy with running the extension speaker for my Supro, and then mic'ing both speakers with my pair of AEA N 22's . Gotta say I like the sound your getting with the SD Woody into your amp better than what I get with my Fishmann Matrix, which is why I don't particularly care for with my acoustic into my Supro.
Thanks !!! The Supro I'm using is a Blues King with the 12" speaker. It has a dedicated Line Out but no jack for an extension speaker. The Acoustic guitar sounds awesome thru it !!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 03-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks !!! The Supro I'm using is a Blues King with the 12" speaker. It has a dedicated Line Out but no jack for an extension speaker. The Acoustic guitar sounds awesome thru it !!
Yes that makes sense because come to think of it my extension spk out, would be way too hot for a line input (duh ! old guy brain fart ) .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-12-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:25 AM

When I first played thru the line out, I was shocked by how good it sounded, it was love at first sound !!!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 03-16-2020, 07:32 PM

"I Hope That Me and Babe Will Survive........."

https://waynekraft.bandcamp.com/trac...e-will-survive

>
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 03-20-2020, 07:46 PM

https://waynekraft.bandcamp.com/trac...be-with-lyrics
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD