The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-23-2015, 09:01 AM

I assume your talking about the gig bag?

Last edited by toneonguitar; 06-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneonguitar View Post
I assume your talking about the gig bag?
Sorry - should have made that clear.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
I too am a big fan of Alistair and Emerald, and have been surprised at some of the criticism I've encountered. <snip>
And I'm surprised at the accolades. The guitars sound like toys to me. We had two dealers here in LA so I tried a number of them and they dont hold a candle to the other brands mentioned. To quote another thread here, they sound like pack rim knockoffs to me.

Ted talked me in to my first non wood guitar, told me how Id be able to take it anywhere and so on, so I gave them a try. Ended up with a CA GX in the cheap raw finish. That guitar went everywhere with me but the thing weighs a ton so I went back to Ted's and got myslef a Cargo raw. The Cargo was handy but intonation gets whacky as you play up the neck so I got myslef a Rainsong parlor. Im thinkin i should have just got a blackbird rider in the first place and save some cash, but it's all about the hunt after all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber