The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-27-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Bob View Post
Yeah, the soldering bit is beyond my scope. I was able to spend some time with the 2.0 last night and other than it kicking into edit mode randomly it seems to hold it's settings once I select a cab type & effect. I'm actually learning new things on this piece of kit. I'll continue on tonight.

BTW I'm digging the talk on the old gear. Reminds me why it's good never to get rid of anything.
You might try working each knob to full CCW and CW a few times and see if that may 'clean' up any contamination in the potentiometers or rotary switches.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF_48 View Post
Most newer gear does not use a battery memory backup scheme and your G1Xon is new enough that you should have no worries. The patch memory used now is similar to that of say an SD Card or USB thumb drive and stores information without the need of a battery.
I have a G1on. Good little pedal!
Good info! I'll put down the screw driver and back away from the work bench.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Bob,

Line 6 has been making rack-mount processors for some time now. You can buy very good condition used rack-mount processors of the past for very reasonable prices. For example, this POD XT Pro is a much better sounding unit compared to the earliest POD units. I have one of these that I just removed from my rack when I bought my POD HD PRO X.

Also, there are more recent used rack-mount Line 6 processors out there like this one.

Good luck!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I did spot a few of the old rack units for reasonable money. The thought is in my head. Thank you for that
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 01-30-2021, 06:25 AM

Surprised no one has suggested the Pod Go. Its not cheap but its less than half the price of a Helix and has the same tones and its fantastic to operate.

Try one out, its a POD on steroids and much smaller then a Helix board.

https://line6.com/podgo/
Old 01-31-2021, 09:59 AM

Thanks Davis. That might be a bit of overkill for my needs. I'd be happy with some Fender-like tones for home recording. I appreciate the suggestion. I'm enjoying the research.
Gibson J200
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 01-31-2021, 10:59 AM

I have an old POD rack unit that I'd be willing to part with for really cheap if interested. I don't have the box, but have the rack, book and cable (somewhere I think), and floor unit.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
I have an old POD rack unit that I'd be willing to part with for really cheap if interested. I don't have the box, but have the rack, book and cable (somewhere I think), and floor unit.
Tried to send you a PM but you're obviously very popular.
Gibson J200
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 02-05-2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Bob View Post
Tried to send you a PM but you're obviously very popular.
Oops. More like I need to change to supporting membership and/or clean out my mailbox.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:41 PM

Nothing really less then the Pod Go sounds that great. You really are gonna get a 2nd class tone that might irritate you.
Its not so great under $500. Zoom does a pedal for $150 that is okay but I got rid of mine.

A used Korg Pandora is incredible, I use mine 20 years later and its awesome,, for clean or headphones.

You could pick up a Katana Mini Amp, the tones on that are great.

I use the Katana 100 now, all my pedals are in that amp and I have the footswitch.

Katana 50, has no footswitch option but can be had for under $300. Katana's have a 5 watt setting that lets you get good tone at home.

GL!Q

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars