The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-03-2021, 06:20 AM

Dangit!

Extensor tendon pain with classic vibe as well, its hard to say whether its that or the few days of playing the Player.

Either way, after a disabling bouit of this 10 years ago where I could not play for months and had ice, meds and braces going....I am hesitant to take a chance.

The classic vibe neck is thinner then the other strats but not as thin as the Ibanez or the bullet.

So it seems more and more like all I can do is swap the bullet pickups.

I might try the Vintera, but it seems sadly, that I will be limited.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Dangit!

Extensor tendon pain with classic vibe as well, its hard to say whether its that or the few days of playing the Player.

Either way, after a disabling bouit of this 10 years ago where I could not play for months and had ice, meds and braces going....I am hesitant to take a chance.

The classic vibe neck is thinner then the other strats but not as thin as the Ibanez or the bullet.

I haven't read every post here, so maybe this has been covered, but I have to wonder why if you're this prone to problems you don't get a Strat you like and a Warmoth replacement neck with dimensions that work for you? Or is it that you don't actually know what dimensions you need so you have to just keep trying until you find what feels right?
Old 02-03-2021, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Dangit!

Don’t even waste your time. If you look into the Vintera series you will see they come with four different necks dependent on the model within the series you choose. As does the Classic Player series. 50’s, 60’s and 70’s all have a different neck shape.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:32 PM

On anti inflammatories, icing my forearm. Not playing much for a couple days to let it heal.

Returning the classic vibe, not buying a Strat. Staying with the Bullet and Ibanez. Might upgrade Bullet pickups or buy another Bullet and mod it.

Man, in like 3 days I went from healthy to unable to play, just on neck width.

I think its just useful to know how fast tendinitis can start. Like a few hours with the wrong neck....word!

Learned my lesson, it felt not comfortable at first, the Player but I did not listen to my body, I soldiered on. Then the classic vibe pushed it right over the edge because the neck was better, just good enough to suck me into playing it.

And I have to say, the sounds coming out of both the Player and CV were awesome. Just awesome. I really wish it had worked out.

But ... well, there is a lesson in here somewhere!
Old 02-04-2021, 01:20 PM

I think you'd like the EBMM Cutlass I just sold because although I loved the quality and great playing of the neck it just got to a point it was too small at the nut. Some or a lot had to do with getting a Traditional LP with the 50ish neck. That really highlighted the slimness of the Cutlass.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:26 PM

I thought of something the OP might want to try - perhaps try a Danelectro. I had one for awhile and found the neck to be really slim. I did not like it because it was so slim and the nut was a little tight. But, it was well made and sounded great. I also loved how light it was. It was light and comfortable to hold.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:50 AM

I have a 2019 American Professional Strat with a deep C neck profile, which is slightly chunkier still than their modern C on the old Standards. I love it and I have tiny hands and fingers. Admittedly, neck profile, nut width etc is something that I’ve never had a problem with. I can play a super slim taper and a super chunky neck just the same. Same thing with different nut widths. After a few minutes switching guitars, I don’t even notice.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetaruke View Post
I have a 2019 American Professional Strat with a deep C neck profile, which is slightly chunkier still than their modern C on the old Standards. I love it and I have tiny hands and fingers. Admittedly, neck profile, nut width etc is something that I’ve never had a problem with. I can play a super slim taper and a super chunky neck just the same. Same thing with different nut widths. After a few minutes switching guitars, I don’t even notice.
Put me out of commission. I notice, a lot. I am on anti inflammatories, Voltran, reduced playing hours, persisant hand and arm pain.

In short I am SOTL....
Old 02-05-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Put me out of commission. I notice, a lot. I am on anti inflammatories, Voltran, reduced playing hours, persisant hand and arm pain.

In short I am SOTL....
It sounds like you are having an arthritic flare up. Any history of gout or arthritice in your background? I’ve had an issue with my fretting hand and wrist prior to being diagnosed with gout induced arthritice. On meds now and no more flare ups! Ask your doc about it next time.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:14 AM

I do have gout but never had it in the hands, and I am on meds and not eating purines. The specific problems seemed to begin the day I bought the Player.

But yeh this could be gout induced, by highly unusual, always by right toe area.

Thanks for your concern, all of you. It means alot to me.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I do have gout but never had it in the hands, and I am on meds and not eating purines. The specific problems seemed to begin the day I bought the Player.

But yeh this could be gout induced, by highly unusual, always by right toe area.

Thanks for your concern, all of you. It means alot to me.
I said the same thing about it always being in ankles, right up until it wasn’t. I feel your pain, my friend. Get well fast!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:12 PM

Get yourself an American Professional if a Stratocaster is what you want to play. The neck on the Ampro's play like butter

I do know what you mean though, the deep C profile necks are a bugger to get the feel for. My local store has had lots of custom shop strats with that neck profile and I don't like it one bit either. far too chunky. It's like they said What neck should we put on this model strat? umm how about this tree trunk over here?
Old 02-11-2021, 05:12 PM

Inflammation now gone.

I kept the CV Strat, I play it a bit at a time...testing to see if it is going to trigger..so far so good, I am being careful. Hope it holds, because wow the CV is just beautiful. But I feel a bit of tension and a bit of ..awareness of the forearm when I play it . Its a 50 50 to see if I can keep it.

A bullet with good pickups seems to be my destiny... Thanks all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars