The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Default Emerald announces payment options.

Emerald's aren't cheap, but most who've gotten one feel they're worth the money. Looks like it's going to be a bit easier to add an Emerald to your stable now...50% deposit then five payments.

Details:

(in case I didn't do this right)
https://youtu.be/F1bjD7wcHXk
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-11-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Fixed the link for ya
Old 01-11-2021, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

Wow..some smart marketing there.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:11 PM

I've noticed that nothing was being added their "Current Stock", and that there have been no carbon only models for quite some time. A smart production move to avoid spending time building instruments that just sit around.

I did think it was also a good idea to have models that were ready to go though with no wait for the impatient customer.

Am I assuming correctly that all guitars going forward will be built to order?
Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I've noticed that nothing was being added their "Current Stock", and that there have been no carbon only models for quite some time. A smart production move to avoid spending time building instruments that just sit around.

I did think it was also a good idea to have models that were ready to go though with no wait for the impatient customer.

Am I assuming correctly that all guitars going forward will be built to order?
I can't say what the future holds for "ready now" guitars. I can say, however, that I looked at the "available stock" at the end of last week, then again today, and it appears most of what was available last Friday was sold over the weekend. As for the X-20's, the only ones left are lefty's, 7 strings or baritones.

I also emailed them last week about a guitar I was considering ordering. They got back to me today, but the answers were very brief, like 1 sentence brief, and they were trying to steer me to a standard model. I got the feeling they were a bit overloaded at the moment and trying to discourage my custom ideas. Maybe it was just bad timing on my part?
Old 01-15-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I can't say what the future holds for "ready now" guitars. I can say, however, that I looked at the "available stock" at the end of last week, then again today, and it appears most of what was available last Friday was sold over the weekend. As for the X-20's, the only ones left are lefty's, 7 strings or baritones.

I also emailed them last week about a guitar I was considering ordering. They got back to me today, but the answers were very brief, like 1 sentence brief, and they were trying to steer me to a standard model. I got the feeling they were a bit overloaded at the moment and trying to discourage my custom ideas. Maybe it was just bad timing on my part?
I’m surprised to hear about your experience with the Emerald sales department given Alistair’s recent video touting custom orders.

Regarding the near future, Ireland’s widely reported rise in Covid cases and subsequent lockdown mandates appear to be a major factor affecting the availability of Emeralds. In the most recent shipping video Alistair states that a lot of his staff is now working remotely.

As I recall, earlier in the pandemic they had a much larger inventory heading into lockdown. Not so this time. I feel very fortunate in having been able to purchase my two Emeralds from then available stock.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:33 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Seems like for the time being, used Emeralds will be a seller's market.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 01-17-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Seems like for the time being, used Emeralds will be a seller's market.

Emeralds are not a buyer’s market either. I’ve seen a handful over the last year, most on Reverb. Those are/have been overpriced too, many asking prices close to new.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber