The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 AM

Default Heritage guitar question -

So, I'm in the mood to get a new electric. Me and my Godin have been great, but I don't use the piezo much so I think I'm gonna sell it. I really want a Les Paul, but obviously I can't break the bank for it.

So the question is, would a Heritage Les Paul be as good as a Gibson and significantly cheaper? I'm not 100% sure on what I would want.. Most likely I'd want the Seth Lovers, silver hardware, blueburst over flamed maple... Don't really know what the difference between the 50's and 60's style necks on the Gibsons are and how they would equate to Heritage.. However I just can't really find a price range, and I'm not too familiar with their model #'s.

So if anyone could shine some light onto it, I'd much appreciate it
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition
200? G&L Tribute Legacy
Old 08-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Heritage has a website at http://www.heritageguitar.com/. I think the guitars would be fine, but I wouldn't bet that they'd be much less expensive.
Good luck on the search, though.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Location: 3 miles from the Rose Bowl, 3 miles from Dodger Stadium

Heritage guitars are simply sublime, brah. Gibson is Gibson but they have nothing over Heritage, which was started by Gibson luthiers after Gibson fled Kalamazoo for Nashville. Heritage occupies one of the original Gibson buildings. If you want solid build quality and guitars that ooze with terrific sonic, tonal, and resonant qualities, buy a Heritage (IMHO). They are that good! Have fun and best of luck in choosing your next acquisition. Play on, pick often, and prosper. Best regards.....Kabookie
Gibson Custom Shop Non-Reverse Firebird ~ Gretsch G6120 TM Chet Atkins + G6128 TSP Duo Jet ~ G&L ASAT Special Semi-Hollow ~ Yamaha SSC-500 ~ Rickenbacker 360/6 + 370/6 + 330/12 ~ Yamaha P-200 Digital Piano
-------------------
"Play on, pick often, & prosper."
Old 08-15-2008, 09:05 PM
.tom the übergeek

The Heritages I have played are absolutely stunning. Pricewise, they will be less than the high end Gibby stuff but not in the low range. Quality up there with the high end Gibby.

Best LP copy I have played under a grand is the ESP LTD EC-1000s. Really great quality and price.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM

I actually just bought a Gibson on Sunday and am still waiting for it. Thanks though
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition
200? G&L Tribute Legacy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars