The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-29-2002, 06:56 AM

Thumbs up Fingerstyle Workshop - REVIEW

For those of you that are interested in fingerstyle, I picked up the Contemporary Fingerstyle Workshop by Chris Proctor this weekend. This is one excellent video. It's one things to read it in a book and it's a whole different thing to see someone demonstrate the techniques in a video. You can have your teacher/instructor show you how something is done, then, when you get home, you say to yourself "Now, how'd he do that?". With this tape, you can just rewind it and check it out.

My only regret is that it's not on a searchable CD. That would have really set it off. I'd give this one 5 stars.

If you have any suggestions on other videos that you have or have seen. I'd be interested in hearing about them as I'm sure others would too.

Now that I think about it, Here's an idea to kick around. I'm sure that many of us have video's or CD on guitar instruction. Many of these cost an arm and a leg. Personally, I'd rather save my $$$ for my next Taylor. What if we set up some kind of swaping thing? Hmmm...food for thought.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:24 AM

This might be worth tossing around.

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 04-30-2002, 02:08 PM

I have that video and enjoy it.
I also just got the basic bluegrass rythum video by Steve Kaufman, also a very good video, but what is it he is playing there and why is there a MARTIN pickguard on it??

Going to be getting my music room back soon, guess I better get all my instructional stuff together and prepar to give the room a facelift with some paint and wall paper......I can hardly wait.

Won a strap from the B.I.W.B. contest.
Ibanez AW300NT (its a new start)
Old 05-07-2002, 12:35 AM

I just got this video from Amazon and it looks great. Thanks for the tip!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell