The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Default I Don't Share Music Online, Rick

Aloha Rick,

Sorry brah, I don't share music online. I know that looks lame when you state bold opinions as I do. But I don't do it. Once burned is once too often.

alohachris
Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohachris View Post
Aloha Rick,

Sorry brah, I don't share music online. I know that looks lame when you state bold opinions as I do. But I don't do it. Once burned is once too often.

alohachris
How so burned?
You do have a recording set up available right? Record some simple solo guitar piece. That should be easy enough to do, right?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Whoa, haven't checked back for a while, seems like the shootout caused quite a bit of controversy!

I can understand both sides, and both sides have very valid points. I'm personally in a situation where Paul's point of view applies more. But if I were in another situation, Ty and Chris's views would apply more.

Lots of factors are involved in which mic is right for a person. Their financial situation, level of guitar skills, purpose for recording, frequency of recording, quality of gear they already have, the oppurtunity cost of the $$ for buying an expensive mic, etc

I just got out of college, my rhythm could be vastly improved, I'm mainly recording to share videos with friends, and to hear own playing as feedback, and I really need a quality baritone guitar before I plot down thousands (which I don't have) for a microphone. I'm happy with these 2 mics.

However, if finances weren't such a constraint, and the more expensive mics make a signifcant difference (which, I think they most probably do, haven't heard it for myself), I would definitely buy more expensive mics, especially when they have good resale value.

Thanks guys for all ur input, when the situation is right I will definitely look into the CMC641!

Oh btw Moon u can PM me ur email address and tell me the files that u want.. my hosting space is used up!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

.OK someone asked about a music clip done in a home studio envoriment with a Schoeps mic so here is one.

This is a short clip with the first couple of verses and chorus run from the Eddy Vetter song "Big Hard Sun." Demo purposes only.

It's a single Schoeps CMC6 body with an MK4 capsule,
The mic position is about 14 in. out from 12 fret.

This is a one pass raw track, no editing, no processing and no effects.
Its also at about -14 db on the meters so it's not loud at all and an mp3 so bear that in mind

Clip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20361318/BHS%202.mp3

KevWind at Soundcloud

Last edited by KevWind; 02-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD