The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-02-2021, 07:15 PM

Question Pedal to add some soft feedback/distortion?

Hi, does anybody know how to add some soft feedback/distortion effect with an acoustic guitar and amplifier?

I was thinking a Boss FB-2 or Moog MF Drive might work, but I don't have the money right now to buy them to try.
Old 01-02-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Hi, does anybody know how to add some soft feedback/distortion effect with an acoustic guitar and amplifier?

I was thinking a Boss FB-2 or Moog MF Drive might work, but I don't have the money right now to buy them to try.
I like this:

Old 01-02-2021, 07:25 PM

I like the JHS Morning Glory. Super transparent and can add just a hair of distortion. The Sparkle Drive is another good one with acoustics.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

That Fender pedal looks great.

An acoustic duo I saw a couple summers ago used an Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini very effectively. I recently picked one up to see if I could duplicate that, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Last edited by Chriscom; 01-03-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:31 AM

TC electronics do a very nice soft overdrive pedal... the Cinders.... runs the gamut from oh so subtle to mildly crunchy

www.tupelolime.com
https://tupelolime.bandcamp.com/
Old 01-06-2021, 08:56 AM

I play a Martin HD-28 with LR Baggs Anthem.

I've used a Boss Blues Driver and Soul Food Bass. They are pretty good but change the color of the sound quite a bit.

I also tried the Fender Smolder and it also worked ok but just didn't like the gain tone that much, it was pretty fuzzy to me. Plus the pedal is huge and has a blinding bright LED.

I actually am now using a Neunaber Neuron. It runs the gamut of gain, but keeping the gain pretty low works great. To my ears the tone is very natural, and sounds better with an acoustic than pedals that let you blend in the dry signal. It is also really functional and you can set 6 presets, configure with a desktop app, control with MIDI, etc.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:02 AM

I use a Boss SD1 with my acoustics, and I'll pair it with a Carbon Comp delay into my Super. The SD1 has a surprisingly large range. It's cheap, sounds good, and it's bulletproof.
1966 Fender Super Reverb
VVT Nighthawk

"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile." - Jerry Garcia
Old 01-14-2021, 10:55 PM

I like tube screamer style pedals (especially the sparkle drive with the ability to blend the clean signal in), and the Boss SD1. I have and use both but currently prefer Klon based pedals (mxr sugar drive is on my gig board at the moment). I get the most headroom out of the sugar drive too.

Steve

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification