The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Default Froggy Bottom H12 Ltd (2009) - no longer available

Hey all,

As you may have noticed, I very recently got my hands on a Froggy H12 from 2009. It's absolutely awesome and tonally everything I could have hoped for.

However, the string spacing is just too narrow for it to be a long term keeper for me. It was sold as 1 3/4" (44.3mm) nut width, which is on the lower end of what's playable for me. However, now that it's in my hands I measure 43.5mm, which for me should have been sold as 1 11/16" or at least 1 23/32". The saddle spacing is 2 3/16" as advertised, which is also a bit narrow for me.

As a guitar that I plan on using mostly for fingerstyle, I think it's just not going to work for me. I have 30 days to return it to TFOA, which means basically I have to decide by the end of July at the latest.

I decided to put this ad up for a few days to see if anyone is interested in buying it or trading for it, as my location in Switzerland offers some unique advantages:

TFOA had this listed for 6400 Euro including 21% taxes (or 5440 Euro without). As a resident of Switzerland I didn't have to pay the tax, and also for whatever reason I also didn't get billed for Swiss tax when it was delivered (7%) - perhaps because it's used, but I didn't ask any questions. I thought I would offer this guitar to you all at the tax free price, as private sales within the EU aren't taxed. It's a decent savings (1000 Euro) for anyone living in an EU country with roughly 20% tax!

Here is the reverb ad: https://reverb.com/item/34260406-fro...dirondack-2009

Here is the description copied from the TFOA reverb post:
"The H12 is Froggy Bottom's 000-style guitar with a 12 fret neck which automatically places the bridge a bit backwards which actually results in a rich and complex voice, and is responsive to the touch. She is small enough to be really comfortable, but with volume and tone that will surprise and delight you, the H-12 is an excellent choice for finger-style guitarists but will also surprise pick users.

The tonewoods consist of a rosewood body paired with an Adirondack spruce top, adorned with flamed maple binding and abalone purflings. The mahogany neck features a slotted headstock with Waverly gold-plated tuners and a nutwidth of 1 3/4". She features scuff marks and a couple dings, and playwear on the top, near the pickguard.

Specifications Body Shape: H 12-fret Finish: Natural Body Material: Rosewood Top Material: Adirondack Spruce Lefty No Body Details: Maple body bindings, single ply tortoise pickguard, abalone rosette, top trim and backstrip, flower painting on heelcap Neck Material: Mahogany Neck Profile: C-shape Fingerboard Material: Ebony Fingerboard Radius: 16” Neck Details: Abalone fingerboard markers Nutwidth: 44.3 mm - 1 3/4" Scale Length: 645 mm - 25 3/8" String spacing: 56 mm - 2 3/16" Bridge: Ebony Tuners: Waverly open backed Pickup None Condition: Very Good Cosmetic Condition: Scuff marks and a couple dings across the body, and playwear on the top, near the pickguard. Modifications/
Repairs: None Tech Notes: None Travels in: Original TKL Hardshell case Accessories: None"

What they don't mention is that there is no end pin because a pickup was installed by a previous owner and removed. If I don't send this back I would talk to TFOA about this and I'm sure I would get one. Also, the previous owner stenciled her name onto the case. I think it might come off, but I don't want to change anything in case it I send it back.

I will put it up here at 5300 Euro plus shipping, because TFOA gave me free shipping.
Trade value 6000 Euro. I would be happy to negotiate a cash component in either direction, and will give you a better trade value than TFOA would.

Potential trades are OMs, SJs, and OOO sized guitars from smaller shops and single luthiers. Nut width really has to be 1 3/4" at a minimum with at least 2 3/16" string spacing at the saddle.

Please contact me via pm here or at [email protected]

Cheers,
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Froggy H12_001.jpg (33.3 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy H12_002.jpg (30.3 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy H12_003.jpg (20.3 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy H12_004.jpg (34.3 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg Froggy H12_005.jpg (24.2 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by brianlcox; 07-09-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:41 PM

Gorgeous Froggy!! Wish I lived in Europe, this is a great guitar for what seems a really good price in EU for a Frog.

Good luck with the sale Brian!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)