The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-12-2020, 01:40 PM

Smile Anyone play the 2020 Gibson Sheryl Crow?

Hi Just wondering if anyone owns one or has played it and what your thoughts are?
Gibson 58 Reissue Les Paul
Fender AM Tele
Gretsch Country Club
Old 08-12-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBayPacker View Post
Hi Just wondering if anyone owns one or has played it and what your thoughts are?
I have one and it is a wonderful guitar!

The body is square shouldered and short scale, so it will feel like your Hummingbird when you hold it. The C shaped neck is similar to the J-35 neck (my favorite Gibby neck) and is very comfortable to play. The tone is full, nice note separation, strong but not overpowering bass, and the trebles are nice and fat!

Over the years, I have owned J-45s and Hummingbirds, but I never cared for the tinny sounding trebles. The trebles on the SC CW Supreme are loud and full, so I took it home and couldn’t be happier. I think the big difference, compared to my other Gibsons, is the forward shifted X bracing and torrified top. Whatever it is, I like it!
Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW01 View Post
I have one and it is a wonderful guitar!

The body is square shouldered and short scale, so it will feel like your Hummingbird when you hold it. The C shaped neck is similar to the J-35 neck (my favorite Gibby neck) and is very comfortable to play. The tone is full, nice note separation, strong but not overpowering bass, and the trebles are nice and fat!

Over the years, I have owned J-45s and Hummingbirds, but I never cared for the tinny sounding trebles. The trebles on the SC CW Supreme are loud and full, so I took it home and couldn’t be happier. I think the big difference, compared to my other Gibsons, is the forward shifted X bracing and torrified top. Whatever it is, I like it!
How does the Gibson Sheryl Crow's Trance Amulet M system sound through an amp or PA?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

Last edited by SpruceTop; 08-13-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:42 AM

I haven't played one, but they are some of the coolest looking guitars Gibson makes IMHO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion