The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 PM

From what I’ve read comparing the two, the happiest OM21 owners are those that haven’t tried an OM28 yet 🤔. My OM28 is my only acoustic and that says a lot!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:27 AM

Very happy OM-21 owner here (who has tried plenty of OM-28s).

I concur with previous comments that the differences are more than cosmetic. And my experience is consistent with the others who talk about the OM-21 having more fundamental than the 28. That’s why I bought it. More ooomph.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:04 AM

I don’t know if this link will show up in the post or not but this is a site that compares Martin specs from guitar to guitar.

http://www.martinrep.com/specwizard.html

If you put in the OM-21 versus the OM-28 the only differences are the aesthetic appointments. No differences that would affect tone. Guitars of the same model can vary in tone based on differences in the wood and it’s grain and age and minor differences in construction, etc.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdinterman View Post

.......Guitars of the same model can vary in tone based on differences in the wood ........
Exactly. It's all about the wood. Other than cosmetics, there is no difference in spec between a 42 series and a 21 series. Most people would accept that they sound different. Why shouldn't 21 and 28 series? I could pick out a 21 against a 28 in a blind test quite easily.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion