The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-29-2022, 07:08 AM
Charter Member

Default Atkin L36 neck profile

Has anyone owned or played this Atkin model? I own an 000Essential and love the neck profile, but gather the L36 is a bit slimmer. It also has a 1 11/16 nut width which is not a deal breaker but not sure about the neck profile. It seems from clips to be fantastic for fingerstyle (especially blues) which is what I’m looking for but want to ensure I’m comfortable with the neck.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:17 AM

Yep. Neck on mine (maple b&s L36) is a 1 11/16 nut, pretty slim C shape - I like larger necks generally, I know its not as slim as the modified low oval Martin uses (as I find that completely unplayable for any length of time) but I don’t think it’s much heftier. Feels quite a lot “faster” than some other Atkins I’ve played/owned. I’ve adjusted to it and find it comfortable, but I’d not want it any smaller.
Fender Mary Kaye American Original Strat
Old 09-30-2022, 06:05 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, super helpful and good to know. The MLO is definitely my threshold for slim necks (at least on acoustic guitars, electric are a different matter.) I think I'll be able to manage it in that case, and have a 30 day window anyway....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion