The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-28-2022, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Looking for a guitar

I recently grabbed a phenomenal 94 Tony Rice Pro (that one from the recent classifieds. It’s as good and a steal of deal as you think it is.) However, with this purchase I feel like I’m a bit too flush with rosewood guitars. I also have a beautiful Bourgeois Custom D Adi/IR and really great example of a 98 Breedlove RD20 in Sitka/IR. I'd really like to not sell the Bourgeois but the Breedlove’s value is pitifully small even though it really is a phenomenal guitar in sound and construction.

In the process of gaining these two high end guitars, I sold a J45. While I don't necessarily miss that particular guitar I do miss the sound. Does anyone know of a high quality guitar that sounds similar to the j45 sound with a 1 11/16 nut and a soft V neck like my TR Pro?

I’m also considering a SCGC Vintage artist as a logical complimentary guitar.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-28-2022, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Gibson 60s Original J-45?

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Acousti...5F910/Wine-Red

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion