The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-26-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post
Shoot me a PM....

Harv
I bought a vad2 not so long ago and absolutely love the tone and the playability of it. I'm having one issue with it close to the joint at the neck only on the e string. I'm missing about three notes close to the joint and nothing I can do seems to make that go away. Almost like a raised fret. I don't really want to raise up the bridge at all because well it plays the way I want. Is there anything I can do?
Old 11-26-2022, 01:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
I bought a vad2 not so long ago and absolutely love the tone and the playability of it. I'm having one issue with it close to the joint at the neck only on the e string. I'm missing about three notes close to the joint and nothing I can do seems to make that go away. Almost like a raised fret. I don't really want to raise up the bridge at all because well it plays the way I want. Is there anything I can do?
Hi WayneD
Hello and welcome to the forum!

You are responding to a more than 7 year old thread.

Not sure yours is a self-repair. Treble or Bass E string?

I've had a Voyage Air for over a decade, and contacted them via their support (email as I recall) and they responded the next week. It's a very small operation, and support may be out for Thanksgiving vacation.

They have always been responsive to my contacts in the past decade. Don't be afraid to contact them a second time.

Hope you get the help you need.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 11-26-2022, 03:06 PM

Treble. E string only. It seems the neck is very slightly higher at the first fret after the split looking towards the a look sound hole.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

I wonder if chadrod ever got his guitar fixed!
Old 11-27-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneD View Post
When I first got my Voyage Air I experienced something like what you're describing. I discovered that I was over-tightening the neck hinge screw which was causing the fretboard to raise up slightly near the hinge point on the treble side. When I eased up on the tightening, the problem disappeared. I also think that since this happened very soon after I received the guitar via shipping, that the wood of the guitar was probably in the process of acclimating to a new environment/humidity and that may have exacerbated the problem of my over-tightening.

You might try experimenting with tightening the hinge screw to see if that will help. Good luck with the problem! I've had my Voyage Air for more than 10 years now, and it's a guitar I won't part with.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion