The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 11-25-2022, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Taran Guitars' *Young Player Bursary*

Hey AGF,

Posting here to spread the word for my buddy Rory Dowling, owner of Taran Guitars, to offer an opportunity to aspiring artists who are lurking around here on the ole forum! If you are under 30 and a working/studying/aspiring musician who would like a guitar built in the highest caliber I highly recommend checking out Taran Guitars’ Young Player Bursary via their website or Instagram. To be considered you must have material available online.

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with and meet Rory and co. after winning last years’ bursary, and will be part of the judging panel for this year’s entries alongside the brilliant songwriter Jenny Sturgeon.

The first time I played a Taran I knew it was special and in it’s own class but at the same time it felt bittersweet because with the wait list and my budget I didn’t think I’d ever be able to own one. It’s an inspiration to me that they’re doing this for young artists, I couldn’t be more proud to have collaborated with them.

Have a great one!

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 11-25-2022, 06:03 PM

Sadly I’m too old (and incompetent!) to take part, but I think Rory is doing a great thing with his young player’s bursary and I very much admire his craftsmanship. Nice of you to offer to judge too after being a recipient of the award.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases