The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 07-26-2021, 10:10 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default 2011 Santa Cruz F, Brazilian Rosewood/Bearclaw Italian Spruce

Cream of the crop, with sweet froth on top and a caramel center—our 2011 Santa Cruz F is a delight for hands, eyes, and ears. We love the balance between bass and treble registers, and the lively, energetic quality that comes out under a flatpick; and the unwound strings cut quickly and smoothly through the mix. The bass register is warm and present, but plays nicely with the mids and top end, making it a powerful fingerstyle guitar (we tested it in DADGAD and C9, purely for science. It’s wide awake and very expressive down there). On the tonewoods front, we’ve got the tip top of the top shelf here: 90-year-old Bearclaw Italian Spruce on top, old growth Brazilian Rosewood back and sides (harvested in 1930; their oldest and best). All bound in Flamed Koa with gold Gotoh Delta tuners to set it off. Adirondack braced top, hide glue construction throughout.

"I believe the stars aligned at Santa Cruz when they made this beauty. Wide open and alive this is a great example from Richard Hoover and his team." - Paul Heumiller

Price: $11,330

For more information please visit:

Old 07-28-2021, 11:34 AM

Default Wow, what a beauty!!

I'm new, you can likely tell but for the life of me I can't understand why the previous owner let this instrument get away. She simply sounds amazing.

That low E and the "A" string richness got me!! Something I personally love in a custom guitar.

Paul, thank you for your help yesterday. Can't wait for the delivery of my selection. As I said, you have some really good help in your shop!!! Great folks. I'll be back!!

And keep that Al P. around for along time. He's amazing with those fingers of his!!

Jeremy.

Last edited by JeremyG; 07-28-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to say...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
brazillian, dream, guitars, santa cruz