The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 PM

I'm going!

...and looking forward to possibly meeting a few of you as well.
'09 Taylor T3
'09 414ce Fall LTD
'10 GT-6
'11 GS-8

My Fenders:
'13 Fender/Roland GC-1 (Roland-Ready Fender Stratocaster)
...and an '82 Lead II that I just can't part with.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 PM

It is so great that so many of us are going to be there but WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES (and booth numbers) so the rest of us have any idea who you are or how to recognize you? This year I will be, at times, with Frank Falbo at booth #4298

Frank Sanns
Old 01-17-2014, 03:20 AM

Look for a small animated wiener dog, that will be me.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royd View Post
it is a trade show so you have to be a member of NAMM or get a badge through someone who is a member - a manufacturer, dealer, or distributor. They're very strict these days about checking ID so you can't use someone else's badge.
That's a bummer but I look forward to the pics you guys will be sure to post up.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

I'm not going, but looked at the website to see what interesting events were planned.

I saw this one, which made me say "hmmmm......."

VISION MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

1018 (Hall E)
9:30amBilled as a “Blindfold Comparison Challenge”, Merida has invited Martin Guitars®, Taylor Guitars® and Fender's Guild® brand to bring the best of their instruments to the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim California booth #1018, Hall E. There, a blindfold will be placed on retail buyers who will have the opportunity to vote with their ears. The move was prompted by recent headlines “Fender® reported to begin selling direct”, and by the desire for Merida to show how demonstrating sound performance over brand name can help protect independent dealers from this new direct selling trend.
According to Mike Spremulli, president of Vision Musical Instruments and distributor of Merida guitars, it’s time to take off the gloves. “This exercise is not just about Fender® and we all know that,” he stated. “It’s really about how sound and performance is the best protection from factory direct selling at the brick and mortar level. Times have changed and we need to change with them. Sound and performance cannot be sold over the Internet. Sound and performance is what the independent dealer needs to start promoting if they expect to compete with manufacturer direct selling. We want to prove this at the NAMM show by calling out these three guitar giants, regardless of their current selling policies, and let the chips fall where they may.”
To prove his point even further, Spremulli is directly inviting Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® brands to submit their own dreadnought cutaway models; the very best they can cherry pick for this blindfold challenge. Of course, if they choose not to bring their best to the party, he says he will supply his own Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® guitars so your retail staff can still participate and start thinking about selling performance over brand with every product category in your store.
This bare-knuckle comparison will be happening at booth 1018, Hall E.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
It is so great that so many of us are going to be there but WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES (and booth numbers) so the rest of us have any idea who you are or how to recognize you? This year I will be, at times, with Frank Falbo at booth #4298

Frank Sanns
"My name is Frank Falbo"

("Hi Frank")

"It has been 12 hours since I've engaged in guitar making. But I'll be at the shop shortly and I fear I will do it again."
Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmaute View Post
I'll be there representing Guitars In The Classroom. One of our sponsors is the NAMM Foundation and it also gives us a chance to thank so many of our other sponsors.
What a great cause!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Frank Sanns
Frank,

I'm Roy Donkin

I'll be hanging around the Lowden booth on Thurs & Fri - 1425 E
that's me on guitar
Old 01-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I'm not going, but looked at the website to see what interesting events were planned.

I saw this one, which made me say "hmmmm......."

VISION MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

1018 (Hall E)
9:30amBilled as a “Blindfold Comparison Challenge”, Merida has invited Martin Guitars®, Taylor Guitars® and Fender's Guild® brand to bring the best of their instruments to the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim California booth #1018, Hall E. There, a blindfold will be placed on retail buyers who will have the opportunity to vote with their ears. The move was prompted by recent headlines “Fender® reported to begin selling direct”, and by the desire for Merida to show how demonstrating sound performance over brand name can help protect independent dealers from this new direct selling trend.
According to Mike Spremulli, president of Vision Musical Instruments and distributor of Merida guitars, it’s time to take off the gloves. “This exercise is not just about Fender® and we all know that,” he stated. “It’s really about how sound and performance is the best protection from factory direct selling at the brick and mortar level. Times have changed and we need to change with them. Sound and performance cannot be sold over the Internet. Sound and performance is what the independent dealer needs to start promoting if they expect to compete with manufacturer direct selling. We want to prove this at the NAMM show by calling out these three guitar giants, regardless of their current selling policies, and let the chips fall where they may.”
To prove his point even further, Spremulli is directly inviting Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® brands to submit their own dreadnought cutaway models; the very best they can cherry pick for this blindfold challenge. Of course, if they choose not to bring their best to the party, he says he will supply his own Martin®, Taylor® and Fender’s® Guild® guitars so your retail staff can still participate and start thinking about selling performance over brand with every product category in your store.
This bare-knuckle comparison will be happening at booth 1018, Hall E.
Yes, I saw this too. Scheduled for several times.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
It is so great that so many of us are going to be there but WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES...
I'll never tell...
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM

Thanks all. Now I will know who else to look for. With a cast of tens of thousands there it will still be a challenge.

Frank Sanns
Old 01-18-2014, 01:17 AM

I will be the pale fat bald guy with a white beard and monkey tshirt on. Buyers badge.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:00 PM

Kindred Guitars Facebook page link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kindr...88978951304602

Missed them at NAMM but heard that they were well received by all.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgopher View Post
Kindred Guitars Facebook page link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kindr...88978951304602

Missed them at NAMM but heard that they were well received by all.
Good stuff, here are our photos:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1065790&type=3
Old 02-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Brendan @ Heartbreaker Guitars Brendan @ Heartbreaker Guitars is offline

Default Here's some more pics

NAMM '14 was awesome. Made new friends and got to see some old ones…

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9820977&type=3

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion