The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-25-2024, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryf View Post
I've seen him several times, and he always puts on a great show. And he's very nice if you get a chance to chat for a minute.
Totally agree with this. Unfortunately he seems to have stopped touring the UK.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suilven View Post
I've not been lucky enough to see Pierre live, but I do have a copy of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Book...s%2C141&sr=8-1

I'd say it's a must for any student of fingerstyle guitar - so much more than just a tab'n'technique book, you get recipes, poems, philosophy and more, and that seems to sum up the man and his approach to life

Angus
All DADGAD if I remember correctly.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:11 AM

Default Pierre Bensusan

Saw him in Cary, NC 2 weeks ago. Always great.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
So cool. I had a chance to ask him once what would be the one piece of advice he would give a player who wanted to improve. He said: Learn to cultivate listening to your own playing more objectively. He said that so many beginning players just listen for what they are hearing in their head rather than what sound they are actually producing.
This is terrific advice, Jayne. Thanks for sharing it! Gonna work on it myself.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:22 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodgeh View Post
What a treat! Two hours of some of the most beautiful acoustic guitar music I have ever heard live.

While Tommy E and his followers will dazzle you with their technical ability and stage performance, Pierre reaches in and touches your soul with his guitar ( I type this as someone who is not very spiritual).

Wifey had never listened to any of his music, and she was like "OMG, this guy is fabulous". She got in late today, but in time to make the show. I expected her to fade out during the evening, but she was on the edge of her seat for the performance.

We had talked about bailing, with her getting in so late. That would have been regrettable......

If Pierre come around to your neck of the woods, do get out an support him. I have been waiting for a number of years for him to come to Florida. Well worth it.

D
I could not agree more,

I first met Pierre back stage at the Ryman in 2004. He approached me out side his dressing room with a great deal of zeal and presented his hand, "I am Pierre". He saw the guitar I carried, it was a guitar I had made for Earl Klugh and he sat in his room for a very long time playing. He is an absolute original and truly a master. He did not play it in open tuning.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion