The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Default What do you think about this crack?

I bought this guitar new a couple months ago. Past the stores return policy, but well within the mfg warranty period. I have not taken it to the store yet to see what they say but am wondering what you guys think of it.

I don't know if it was there when I bought it or not. It's hard to actually even see if it's not in a well lit room. The guitar has only been removed from it's case when I play it and it has a humidifier and hygrometer in the case. The very minimum humidity it has seen is 37% and the very max 50%. Most of the time it is 45-47%. I really really like the guitar. Should the store be sending it for warranty repair?
Old 03-24-2018, 09:55 AM

Sorry for massive pics, I'm still getting to know imgur. Will try to resize.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:20 AM
Guest 1928

If it is a bolt-on neck, it would be interesting to know if that crack aligns with a bolt.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:14 AM

I watched the factory tour video and they bolt and glue the neck. You can't see where the bolts are but it's my guess that it is in the right region.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair