The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-28-2017, 06:37 AM

Bob, congrats on an awesome guitar, and on taking the carbon fiber plunge. Guitar looks great, and I'll bet you love it for the summer cabin purpose you got it for.

I also started with a Rainsong (used P12M, photos here: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=454749), and after almost stupidly selling it, got a setup and it's now one of my fave's. Found I enjoyed the convenience so much that I played it more, and fell in love with the tone. Now have a Blackbird and an incoming Emerald to accompany it - they are each a delight. You may find you want more than one cf...
Old 05-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=iim7V7IM7;5355200]I play with both a heavy pick (1.5 mm) and with my fingers. I went back and forth with the Rainsong and a few of my wood instruments in order to characterize what I was hearing (e.g. quickness of attack, sustain, balance, responsiveness and character of timbre). They didn't sound flat to me. I am fortunate to own some very special wood guitars...
QUOTE]

ouch! My wood guitars aren't exactly chopped liver
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke
Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=dadio917;5355744]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
I play with both a heavy pick (1.5 mm) and with my fingers. I went back and forth with the Rainsong and a few of my wood instruments in order to characterize what I was hearing (e.g. quickness of attack, sustain, balance, responsiveness and character of timbre). They didn't sound flat to me. I am fortunate to own some very special wood guitars...
QUOTE]

ouch! My wood guitars aren't exactly chopped liver
I wasn't trying to disparage your wood guitars, just letting you know that I did a similar wood/CF comparison as part of my audition process and mine did not sound "flat" to me. I do think that I am fortunate to own some very special acoustic guitars...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber