The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2024, 11:21 AM

Default 2 X Yamaha NGD :)

I am a relative beginner, but I like to have nicer instrument, when I can. So, I went out yesterday to find a dread to add to my orangewood. From listening to lots of reviews I knew that I wanted a Mahogany Dread but, when I went to the store to try out some guitars I couldn't choose between the FG5 and the AC5M. Both are beautiful and sounded great in their own right. I am a huge Yamaha fan from their motorcycle and UTV/ATV side and, with all the great reviews here on the forum, I was a bit predisposed to them right from the beginning. That said, I couldn't find anything that sounded as good as these 2 guitars (Played Eastmans, Alvarez and a few martins) and they also felt great to play. Since Yamahas are a great value, I figured I would just bring them both home and call it 1 USA made guitar purchase.

I feel very fortunate to be able to afford such nice guitars and now I have one with electronics and one without, should I ever feel the need to plug in. Now I just need to keep practicing to make them sound as good as I can.

Happy Sunday to all
Jeff

Yamaha FG5
Yamaha AC5M
Orangewood Mason Live

Last edited by Gixxer340; 03-24-2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:52 AM

Wow, congratulations! Have lots of fun and play them in good health!

If you want, you could upload your pictures to an external host. See this recent thread:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=682948
Old 03-24-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctone View Post
Wow, congratulations! Have lots of fun and play them in good health!

If you want, you could upload your pictures to an external host. See this recent thread:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=682948
Thanks
Jeff

Yamaha FG5
Yamaha AC5M
Orangewood Mason Live
Old 03-24-2024, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on those Yamaha guitars. Awesome guitars!
Old 03-24-2024, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Very nice, congratulations!
Old 03-24-2024, 03:47 PM

Default Consider 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer340 View Post
I am a relative beginner, but I like to have nicer instrument, when I can. So, I went out yesterday to find a dread to add to my orangewood. From listening to lots of reviews I knew that I wanted a Mahogany Dread but, when I went to the store to try out some guitars I couldn't choose between the FG5 and the AC5M. Both are beautiful and sounded great in their own right. I am a huge Yamaha fan from their motorcycle and UTV/ATV side and, with all the great reviews here on the forum, I was a bit predisposed to them right from the beginning. That said, I couldn't find anything that sounded as good as these 2 guitars (Played Eastmans, Alvarez and a few martins) and they also felt great to play. Since Yamahas are a great value, I figured I would just bring them both home and call it 1 USA made guitar purchase.

I feel very fortunate to be able to afford such nice guitars and now I have one with electronics and one without, should I ever feel the need to plug in. Now I just need to keep practicing to make them sound as good as I can.

Happy Sunday to all
Jeff
=================================
Take a look at the FG-820-12. It's a great guitar for a whole lot less $$.
Old 03-24-2024, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on a nice pair of Yamahas! I especially like that small body AC5M. Enjoy them both.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-24-2024, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Pretty impressed with Yamaha value, sound, and build.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:26 AM

You are pretty much set for life with those two!
Old 03-25-2024, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroad Bum View Post
You are pretty much set for life with those two!
I hope so, although my experience with Banjo's makes me think otherwise. They are great guitars though.

Jeff

Yamaha FG5
Yamaha AC5M
Orangewood Mason Live
Old 03-26-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer340 View Post

Happy Sunday to all
Jeff
You done good Jeff!! Congtats on your NG(s)D!
Old 03-26-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO! View Post
You done good Jeff!! Congtats on your NG(s)D!

Thank you
Jeff

Yamaha FG5
Yamaha AC5M
Orangewood Mason Live

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion