The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-10-2004, 05:29 PM

Default St. Augustine's brush with Ringo Starr!

The news traveled like a shot through this small town. Ringo Starr had been here! My friends told me at the Friday night art show, that he had been spotted around town on Thursday. At the Tradewinds lounge, all the staff and regular customers had stories. He was there for over an hour, he sat in with the house band, Matanzas, and sang the Beatles tune "Boy". A waitress showed me a photo she had already had developed by Friday night, of herself with Ringo the day before. Everyone was talking about it. My friend Andy, the biggest Beatles fan I know lamented, "I missed him by twenty minutes!". Troy Locke, lead singer for Matanzas, told the paper, "I've played with a lot of names before, but I have never played with a legend until now." And I'll admit, I was a little dissapointed I had not been around to see Ringo!

Today's newspaper reveals that we have all been had. A Ringo impersonator, who looked and sounded enough like the real thing to fool a LOT of people, had a little fun on us. A Ringo Starr look-alike, who sang with the band, signed autographs, posed for photos, etc, etc...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification