The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-17-2024, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

I'm answering my own question. From the picture, it looks like a soft case that comes with it.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 05-18-2024, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Can the effects be removed if it's adding the weight?
I removed it on my X3 Mini Pro. I was surprised, it didn't make much diff in the weight. It's still heavier than my other guitars. But not bothersomely so.
Old 06-02-2024, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I removed it on my X3 Mini Pro. I was surprised, it didn't make much diff in the weight. It's still heavier than my other guitars. But not bothersomely so.
Thanks, Marshall.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 06-07-2024, 11:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Were you able to remove just the effects and the internal speaker and keep the piezo pickup or did you remove the whole thing?
2022 Blackstar Carry-On
2024 Jet JS-400
2022 Michael Kelly 1953
2005 Vintage TC200
2024 Enya X3 Pro Mini
2017 Makala Baritone Uke
Old 06-08-2024, 08:00 AM
Charter Member

The whole thing, or as much as I could get out. I think the speaker is still in there unconnected. But the whole preamp/jack box is out. I drilled another hole for the other pickup endpin. So far there's just a piece of black duct tape covering the old hole.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
The speaker might be the heaviest part, due to the magnet?
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 06-17-2024, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

As the heat and humidity are rising, I start getting anxious abut a CF guitar. And before I did something “foolish” I pulled the Enya with the Skysonic out of the closet and ran it thru my NUX Optima Air with headphones, and decided this is a VERY good plugged in option I already own.

So I think I’ll play it out somewhere this week, (probably Tues), and if all goes well, I’ll just stil with that as my all-weather option.
Old 06-23-2024, 06:08 PM
Charter Member

I want to like these but have bought and returned 2 due to bad fretwork. Anyone else have bad fret issues with them?
Old 06-29-2024, 02:52 AM

Default Got My X3 Pro Mini Today

Out of the box, it played well, electronics worked, sounded nicer than I thought, was louder than I thought, and heavier than I thought.

The effects are a novelty. The guitar sounds good without the effects. I have no plans to use them. I bought this to be a guitar that I can keep in my van.

QUESTION: Anyone have the X3 Pro Mini (or other Enya CF guitar) out in the heat or cold and know that it doesn't adversely effect it?

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro
Old 06-29-2024, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly66 View Post
QUESTION: Anyone have the X3 Pro Mini (or other Enya CF guitar) out in the heat or cold and know that it doesn't adversely effect it?
I have a Nova Go Mini and its tuning stability is definitely NOT impervious to temperature. It even goes sharp due to the body heat it absorbs when it is being played.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 06-29-2024, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly66 View Post
The effects are a novelty. The guitar sounds good without the effects. I have no plans to use them. I bought this to be a guitar that I can keep in my van.
Same here, but I have found that if I turn the effects down, there are a few songs I like with one of them on. Surprised me. Glad you are enjoying it.
Old 06-29-2024, 11:16 PM

Default Setup

I am setting up the guitar.
  • I tighten hardware if needed - nothing was needed.
  • Relief - had to loosen the truss rod a lot to get some relief.
  • Nut String Height - had to adjust the zero fret.
  • Saddle height - In the midst of lowering the saddle.
  • Polished the frets.
  • Had some ebony bridge pins with abalone in my stash so replaced the plastic bridge pins
  • Left the strings, which sound good.

I think this is going to be a keeper.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro

Last edited by dragonfly66; 06-29-2024 at 11:35 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber