The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Slowhand View Post
... can anyone tell me how the Fish, Baggs and Bone EQs shape up on the A1 Four and would they be an answer to my missing mids?....
Feel like I'm talking to myself, but the answer to my own question is 'yes'. I bought one and I like it. Not really dug deep yet, but I've got the Baggs set up quite nicely... much better than struggling with the EQs on the G3n.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Feel like I'm talking to myself, but the answer to my own question is 'yes'. I bought one and I like it. Not really dug deep yet, but I've got the Baggs set up quite nicely... much better than struggling with the EQs on the G3n.
Don’t won’t people to think you are nuts because you are talking to yourself

I appreciate your feedback on this unit and I am glad you like. I have been on the fence about buying one but I might just take the plunge.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM

I picked this one up. Looper, drum machine and a million effects all for $129.
Don’t know how they did it.

Guitar models are pretty good. Drum machine has some useable
Anyone know if there’s a way to save drum beats within presets?
Old 11-30-2019, 08:30 PM

I bought one yesterday. They are On sale for $109 at Amazon and Sweetwater. Looking forward to giving this a trial.

Thanks for you guys input.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 PM

The interface is very cumbersome. You definitely have to read the manual. Not very intuitive.
Also it doesn’t come with a USB or power cord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
I bought one yesterday. They are On sale for $109 at Amazon and Sweetwater. Looking forward to giving this a trial.

Thanks for you guys input.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
The interface is very cumbersome. You definitely have to read the manual. Not very intuitive.
Also it doesn’t come with a USB or power cord.
I found it a little less intuitive than the G3n and G5n pedals, and the older G3, but a lot easier than the A3. The manual is okay, but definitely not as good as the G3n / G5n manuals.

Zoom seem to be on a cost cutting strategy. The Fours are plastic bodied and don't come with the accessories that the G's did. I like the fact that the A1 Four goes back (to older Zooms) and allows for the use of batteries... sometimes you don't want to be attached to a wall.

I was surprised that they discontinued the G3n, but maybe this is part of the strategy... force us into buying the Four models. For now I'll be keeping my G3n mainly as a practice looper; I find the count-in function useful, as it's linked to the rhythms. Might also buy an RC3 with the FS-5U stop switch, just to see which I prefer for looping. If anyone finds 30 seconds looping time adequate and they're not performing, there is probably no need for anything more than the A1 Four.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:11 AM

I think I will only use the Looper as Aaron suggested at the beginning of this post. Mainly for sound check. Especially for my home practice area. It's rather small and it's hard to tell the amplified sound from the guitar sound so this looper, pre EQ will be helpful.

I have already downloaded the manual so I am trying to learn what I can before it arrives.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:32 AM

I was wondering when using the Zoom A1 Four’s AG models, is there a way to adjust the blend between wet and dry like on the Zoom A3? Or is the signal coming out of the AG models full wet?
Old 12-05-2019, 08:26 AM

I think you can adjust the parameters of each effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckawaka View Post
I was wondering when using the Zoom A1 Four’s AG models, is there a way to adjust the blend between wet and dry like on the Zoom A3? Or is the signal coming out of the AG models full wet?
Old 12-05-2019, 08:29 AM

Used this pedal live last night and one of the guitar models gave me a nice plugged in tone. I like the Martin D28 best so far. I also used the drum machine for one song. It's pretty basic but it adds a little percussion, which is nice.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I was wondering when using the Zoom A1 Four’s AG models, is there a way to adjust the blend between wet and dry like on the Zoom A3?
Yes, you can adjust the parameters of the acoustic guitar models.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, you can adjust the parameters of the acoustic guitar models.
Right. The manual says you can adjust gain, bass, mid, treble but I’m not seeing where you can adjust the dry/wet blend. Do you know if this is possible?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 PM

Not in that sense.

Quote:
Right. The manual says you can adjust gain, bass, mid, treble but I’m not seeing where you can adjust the dry/wet blend. Do you know if this is possible?
Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 AM

Sweetwater is out of stock at the moment, but you folks have convinced me to put one on order. I really loved my Zoom A3 (before I worked it to death) and am wondering if this pedal also has the A3's advanced EQ capabilities (a six band graphic EQ and a two band parametric EQ which could be used in series).

Does it have any advanced EQ capabilities, or is it just the basic three band bass, midrange and treble?
Old 12-06-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Sweetwater is out of stock at the moment, but you folks have convinced me to put one on order. I really loved my Zoom A3 (before I worked it to death) and am wondering if this pedal also has the A3's advanced EQ capabilities (a six band graphic EQ and a two band parametric EQ which could be used in series).

Does it have any advanced EQ capabilities, or is it just the basic three band bass, midrange and treble?
Check out the effects list. Loads of EQ options.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification