The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
how do you add a pic to these posts ???
Consult the FAQs... use the AGF app. They're several ways... try the app if you have a mobile phone.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:21 AM

Default Live gig set up

Ok. There is an app...!! Duh. This is my acoustic board. First, the board itself is from an under the radar company...Chemistry Deisgn Werks. I chose the natural wood finish, but they also make awesome aircraft grade aluminum ones, with the upper shelf design and expandable bottom boards. The "Holey Boards" are designed to use zip ties ( many included).

My guitar signal chain....Fishman Platnum stage analogue pre- amp,.....HOF 2 reverb.....Play Acoustic...out to Fishman Loudbox Artist. Mic chain: just to Play Acoustic to amp. The other pedals are the Switch 3 for the Play Acoustic, and the Fishman amp 2 x pedal for mute and engage effect B onto channel 1. I chose the HOF 2 to have better control of verb, from the one within the Play Acoustic...which is a global setting.... anyway love this set up:
20180501_123029.jpg20180501_122906.jpg
Old 05-02-2018, 08:59 AM

Out of curiosity, why would you use the Fishman Preamp and the Play Acoustic, when the Play Acoustic can be programmed to do everything found in the Fishman preamp?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:24 AM

I did a software update on my Play Acoustic long ago and my verbs are no longer global with a simple change in the setup menu and preset changes. I have choruses and delays available on presets if I choose to use them. You can simplify that board more if you desire. I have only the Play Acoustic and Switch 3 with a Li Ion battery brick to power my pedal train mini.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:19 PM

Good question. I use the Platinum because it's just a quicker/ hands-on control to make on the spot adjustments versus delving back into the Play Acoustic settings for a given gig room. i dont use the Body Rez advanced settings. Plus when I change guitars, to my 12 String with an sound hole Fishman pickup, ( with no volume control) it needs a boost, so all I have to do is reach down at mash the boost button +3/4 on the preamp.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Oh on the verb question...guess I need to learn more about the Play Acoustic presets. But on the other hand, the HOF 2 is so easy to just turn the verb type knob, and the mash button is great on instrumental portions when I want to intensify the verb over a few bars...chorus is easily engaged on my amp with the Effect B button on the Fishman pedal....I am still on a learning curve ...and quirky I guess!!
Old 05-02-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Consult the FAQs... use the AGF app. They're several ways... try the app if you have a mobile phone.
Thanks I got the app and posted some pics! Next newbie question. On the app, after going out and back in, how do I go right back to my last post?? Thanks
Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I figured out how to locate my last posts.. thanks
Old 05-02-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjoh814 View Post
I did a software update on my Play Acoustic long ago and my verbs are no longer global with a simple change in the setup menu and preset changes. I have choruses and delays available on presets if I choose to use them. You can simplify that board more if you desire. I have only the Play Acoustic and Switch 3 with a Li Ion battery brick to power my pedal train mini.
There is a small pedal power supply on this, hidden under that upper shelf. CS
Old 05-04-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
Gonna shift topics here a bit. For those who have been using the Play Acoustic: ? About using another fx pedal in conjunction. I got the HOF 2 reverb pedal because I would rather have more separate control over my reverb, not to mention it's nice presets and the Mash button feature. Ok, does it matter much to signal chain it before, or after the PA? One issue with after is that the guitar line out of the PA is XLR.

Edit...is it just me. Anyone out there having the output level of your guitar to the amp cut noticeably when you engage the HOF 2 rverb pedal??! I don't think it should. Bought a mint condition slightly used one ...

Thanks
Common problem. you need a way to get your reverb in the chain correctly. an effects loop is the answer. But, you need to be careful about phase issues. Check out the mesquite one blender or the $100 boss ls-2. maybe radial. That will fix you up. Read a lot on it.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:44 AM

Curious, but unoriginal Martin guitar player that everyone else has, make a fantastic point.

the hall of fame is nice, but the rest is not great. the fishman, like all fisherman, stinks. go with the empress para di and a good preamp like a red-eye or, if you're not using the awful K&K, an EP booster. an ls2 is better than your switcher. also, radial tonebone dual channel preamp withe the reverb in the fx loop would be way better.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM

I'm sort of a lunatic. I don't always use the sub & crossover. Even when I do, I use my volume knob to keep things in check. Rarely get any volume complaints.

2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
Fishman Prefix Premium Blend Pickups in both.
DR Pro Mic Stand.
Heil PR 35 Vocal Mic.
TC Electronics Harmony Singer Pedal
Boss OC-3 Octave Pedal
Boomerang III Digital Looper
Aphex Acoustic Xciter Direct Box
Fire-Eye Red-Eye Preamp
Allen & Heath Zed10FX Mixer
Allen & Heath Zed60 14FX Mixer (if I need more channels)
QSC Touchmix 16 (for running my weekly open mic and sound for my band)
Line 6 L3T Powered Speaker (FOH)
Line 6 L2M Powered Speaker (Monitor)
Line 6 L2T Powered Speaker (If I need more coverage or an additional monitor)
DBX 223XS Active Crossover.
Yorkville NX720s 15" Powered Subwoofer.
EV ZXA1 12" Powered Subwoofer (for smaller rooms)
I don't use both subs together. Just one depending on room size.
Rock -N- Roller RT12 Folding Cart. Can load in and out in one trip.

Last edited by The Kid!; 05-19-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymuso View Post
Oh, the Bose will feed back, but not with the ferocity of your standard two-way on a stick. Yes, you can put it behind you but you get more resistance to feedback if it's to the side as well as behind. We use two L1Cs, behind on either side.
Nice setup!
My buddies use one in a duo. One plays electric guitar, the other a cahone. Both sing. Sounds great.

Do you run them in mono or stereo? Do you have any video clips of that setup?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

There is so much relatively good gear these days it is a fairly complex situation as far as choice

I play out very little anymore maybe a couple times a year
My system is a bit old school and one that I used for the last 10 years playing out

It is basically 2 guitars , a 6 and a 12 string both Taylors the 6 with the Fishmann system that Taylor used to use and a simple Bill Lawrence pic up.

I used an AKG Emotion 900 mic for vocal and always had a Shure Beta 87 a as back up.

My guitars and vocal mic plugged into a Langevin DVC combo Mic Pre ,DI input ,EQ, and Limiter

From the Langevin into a TC 3000 stereo reverb FX unit and from that into a Fishmann SA 220 solo amp for small venue
Or into from the TC into a small Mackie mixer and into a pair of Mackie 350 PA speakers

The front end was in a SBK 6 position rolling rack for ease of transport
that also has a Monster 2500 power conditioner

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
gig, signal chain, solo sound, sound