The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-28-2018, 09:23 PM

Yes, there is a master EQ. There are also a number of 'mastering effects' on the master channel.

After some tweaking, I don't feel like the lo-mids are lacking. I found a reverb that seems to really work well bringing the top and the bottom together into a rich, cohesive sound. I'm obviously still in the discovery stage here (who would think a gentle 'verb would bring the sound together?).

I have an email in with RCF support regarding the noise (it's not acceptable, IMO).

update: I just gigged with it and I did not like it- I was fighting the sound all night.

Last edited by russchapman; 04-29-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Russ, did you end up keeping the Evox? Or?

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2018, 12:25 AM

I played through an Evox 8 and thought it sounded great.

Then I tried a line 6 L3T and I liked that even better, at almost half the price of the Evox 8. . The LT3 is a three way system with a surprising amount of low end extension. Mid sweeps on the channel strips and one channel even has acoustic modeling.

I’d love to find a stick system that I really like for a decent price, but although the L3T is 60lbs, it’s one piece, sounds amazing, and I have a rock n roller cart to move it, or I’ll ask a bus boy for help if need be.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
I played through an Evox 8 and thought it sounded great.

Then I tried a line 6 L3T and I liked that even better, at almost half the price of the Evox 8. . The LT3 is a three way system with a surprising amount of low end extension. Mid sweeps on the channel strips and one channel even has acoustic modeling.

I’d love to find a stick system that I really like for a decent price, but although the L3T is 60lbs, it’s one piece, sounds amazing, and I have a rock n roller cart to move it, or I’ll ask a bus boy for help if need be.

I think the Lt3 system does sound amazing. I’ve asked Line 6 to consider making a stick system based on the design through their feedback portal.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification