The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-27-2020, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I don't see it as much of a risk, RP. I already have an X20 that I love, and the short scale is a fairly minor tweak, already tested via my X20 and a couple of other guitars on hand.

We'll all find out together when it gets here.
Quote:
...Upon delivery I will see how well it all worked out, but my confidence is high...
Your closing comment above was what I was referring to. Clearly lots of folks tweak the geometry of their Emeralds on orders; I personally would just be reluctant to do so because as I said above, I don't trust my instincts...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 10-27-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't see it as much of a risk, RP. I already have an X20 that I love, and the short scale is a fairly minor tweak, already tested via my X20 and a couple of other guitars on hand. The only resale on the horizon is maybe the stock X20 if the new one is loved as much as I expect. I may also keep it anyway, dedicated to altered tunings and keep the new short scale in standard tuning for ragtime and Piedmont finger picking.

We'll all find out together when it gets here.
We need a "Like" button here - I have no doubt it will be just the right fit for you. Looking forward to hearing about the new arrival!
Old 10-27-2020, 06:07 PM

= like.....
Old 10-31-2020, 08:57 AM

Thanks all. I will post an NGD topic with actual daylight pictures when my X20 arrives.

It looks like my guitar was not shipped immediately. I only received the UPS tracking number last Thursday.

Funny how the estimated delivery date has remained steady at Friday 13:15 - 17:15, while tracking shows that the package was still in Sligo, Ireland at that time.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 11-02-2020, 04:59 PM

I have been deliberately quiet about this. It took until overnight Wednesday OCT 28 to get a tracking number, and then it sat there until this morning saying only, "label created in Ireland". Now at least UPS tracking acknowledges having moved to Sligo, "in transit as of 8 pm (local)" but with no estimate of delivery date yet.

Absolutely no criticism of Emerald here. They are obviously at the mercy of the shipper. In the good old days my guitar was in hand by day 8 or sooner given Friday AnPost pick up for shipping, and now it is day 11 since the video. Just sayin'.....
Old 11-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Guest 928

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream..................
Old 11-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

In the words of the late philosopher Tom Petty: the waiting is the hardest part. I don't think it is in the song, but on a long wait, it is that short period at the end that is the "hardest part."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber