The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-30-2020, 08:39 AM

Holy smokes Dale...that was incredible. Wow, what an effort to assemble the talent and produce such a great rendition. You folks truly are the best I’ve ever heard (and I’m pretty old) 😊

👍👍👍👍👍 many thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.
Roger
Old 10-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Anticipation Junkie

As many will know, “That Smell” is on the album Street Survivors” where the original cover artwork featured the band on the street with fire raging all around. After the crash/deaths, the fire was removed from the cover.

Old 10-30-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Absolutely nailed it.

Notes:
1. The girls are enjoying it! I think I noticed the little lyric change for them...
2. Love the pinchies in your solo. And you know what? With your pork pie, LP, and rough shave, you even look a little like Gary Rossington these days. Perhaps a more handsome Gary?
3. Love the Thunderbird.

The plane went down in the evening on October 20th, 1977. News traveled more slowly back then. I woke up at my little mountaintop college the next day and didn't learn of the accident until after breakfast, when I switched on the radio for a few minutes before classes. When I learned of the crash I cut classes and spent the day in front of the radio, praying for the band members and slowly learning of the list of casualties. I still have a picture in my mind's eye of where I sat all day, looking out from my roost over northern Alabama and Raccoon Mountain and hoping for the best. I was in a three-guitar southern band at the time.

Bob
What a great post..captures the importance of music in your life and the value of this great band in your musical journey. I can relate..I’m thankful that you share your time and memories here - I greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Not sure which I appreciate more, LLB's work or lessons from the tonedr.

Thanks for both!
I appreciate that we can share music as it’s one of life’s best...thanks so much for your kind words and I hope all is very well your way.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerblair View Post
Holy smokes Dale...that was incredible. Wow, what an effort to assemble the talent and produce such a great rendition. You folks truly are the best I’ve ever heard (and I’m pretty old) 😊

👍👍👍👍👍 many thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.
Roger
I’ve got a bday this month and it’s getting ugly..as am I! Thanks for your very kind & encouraging words..I hope you and your gang are very well, your friend, dale.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
As many will know, “That Smell” is on the album Street Survivors” where the original cover artwork featured the band on the street with fire raging all around. After the crash/deaths, the fire was removed from the cover.

Great post thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell