The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-14-2020, 01:00 PM

Default Question about Audient iD14

Is it possible to record with two mics into the combi jack inputs on the back of the iD, and at the same time record with guitar connected to the D.I.?

I read somewhere that "It is worth noting that if you have a microphone plugged into channel 1 then you plug an instrument into the DI, the microphone is ignored and only the DI signal will go through to the converters."

I need a soundcard/preamp where I can record both vocal and guitar (using two seperate mics) and at the same time guitar with instrument-cable.

I would hope it was possible with Audient id14, but it seem it isnt..?
Old 10-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

After many months of waiting..my ID44 is expected to arrive on Saturday. Very excited!
In answer to your question about the ID14...I believe you can only do two channels at a time, period. Like you said using the DI probably voids one of the mic inputs.
To be sure...you should send in an email request to Audient. I had lots of questions about my future ID44...and they replied usually in 24 hours.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:55 PM

Thx, Ive allready sent a question about it
Old 10-15-2020, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
Is it possible to record with two mics into the combi jack inputs on the back of the iD, and at the same time record with guitar connected to the D.I.?

I read somewhere that "It is worth noting that if you have a microphone plugged into channel 1 then you plug an instrument into the DI, the microphone is ignored and only the DI signal will go through to the converters."

I need a soundcard/preamp where I can record both vocal and guitar (using two seperate mics) and at the same time guitar with instrument-cable.

I would hope it was possible with Audient id14, but it seem it isnt..?
So the best way to think about and explain what you want is at least 3 channels of analog input. (i.e. with 3 channels of A/D conversion) .

So no the iD14 only has 2 channels of A/D conversion And In the manual it states that the DI input overrides the channel 1 mic input ( this is because of only having 2 A/D channels 1&2 )

But if you have some other A/D conversion unit with an '"optical" SPTIF or ADAT output, then you can run more channels through the iD14 (up to 10 ,,,2 analog via the inputs 1&2 and 8 via ADAT thru it's Optical input)

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 10-16-2020, 12:35 AM

2 channels only at one time as others have said. I plug in a Presonus mic pre using optical to expand outputs.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD