The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-18-2018, 12:14 PM

Default First Shot At A Solo DIY Track

Some funky blues in Key of A. Short and sweet.

I bought all this stuff and I'm slowly starting to figure out how to use it.

The point of this exercise is to teach myself how to develop a workflow for crafting a song.

I played all the instruments myself.

Here is the track description I wrote on my Soundcloud page:

First attempt at recording and mixing multiple tracks using Ableton Live Lite 9 and a Behringer UMC404HD interface. The idea was to keep it simple. I only added compression on drum and bass tracks and a little chorus on the rhythm guitar track. I played all the instruments myself starting with the drum tracks recorded on my Pearl Roadshow kit with Remo Silent Stroke heads and Zildjan LV80 low volume cymbals. I started playing drums in January 2018, so they are a little lacking. I mic'd up the kick with a CAD KBM412 dynamic kickdrum microphone and used a single overhead AKG P120 large diaprham condenser mic pointed at the snare from at 3'. I laid down the bass track with an Ibanez GSM200SM 4 string bass thru an Acoustic B100 amp using the direct out to the interface from the amp. Next came the rhythm guitar track followed by the lead guitar track using my G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy thru a Fender HotRod DeVille 410. All EQ's at noon, just a little reverb. Also mic'd with an AKG P120. The rhythm track was on the neck humbucker and the lead was on the bridge single coil. This guitar really does it all.

It turned out better than I expected. Let me know what you think.

It's a little light on acoustic...As in none. The mods can take it down if they want.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Yes, funky! Sounds like fun

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell