The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-22-2019, 05:02 AM

Default Adios Adirondack Red and MIJ Tele

My reason for joining this forum was my purchase of this guitar

I never really bonded with it as it had high action from the start. I took it to a luthier and it was some better after that but still mostly sat in the safe. My 2005 Yamaha FG730S is easier to play and sounds dreamy with nice action for my taste( I am no Tony Rice[emoji26])sits on a stand readily available. Furthermore joining this forum was a mistake as since then I have had a strong desire for a Martin hmmm... Now don’t get me wrong the AJ had tone to die for and beauty beyond what my eyes deserved.
Now to cut to the chase, I am weak[emoji52][emoji26]I have like 3 big weaknesses beer, new trucks and guitars. I sold my last truck and paid off a bunch of bills over the past year and had planned to go another year or so without one but as I said I am weak[emoji52]. So... when you need money for down payment and you have “stuff”(I mean no disrespect)that is not being used/enjoyed, your eye may turn your “stuff”(guitar that is not being used/enjoyed)into possible $. So I took my beloved AJ and a recently purchased Fender MIJ Offset Telecaster(which wasn’t seeing much play) to a local shop and sold them.
The owner and apparent fretboard eye baller looked down the neck from the headstock and pronounced it as being bowed with a look of concerned worry(for both of us). He asked if he could adjust the trussrod and I said sure because he is a highly reputable player/shop owner/and apparently luthier. Upon turning the trussrod it was pronounced “tight” but after quite a few turns “loosened up”. This seemed to make him happy(and me) and then he was ready to do business. I got exactly what I thought I would for both guitars even though I took a huge hit(be careful buying new). So I went and bought this
because of my weakness. This will be used though for sure. Anyway long story not so short(my apologies) goodbye guitars(I still have to many)(hello truck/payments/extra work hours).
Old 08-22-2019, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Looks like a nice truck....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-22-2019, 06:03 AM
Charter Member

Default Adios Adirondack Red and MIJ Tele

nice truck, but the bed looks a little bowed ... did you check the truss rod?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludere View Post
nice truck, but the bed looks a little bowed ... did you check the truss rod?

I eye balled it and gave it a few twists[emoji16]
Old 08-22-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Looks like a nice truck....

It’s a truck for sure.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion