The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-20-2021, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Default ~ SOLD Collings CJ, ALL MAHOGANY, Custom Spec’d, DogHair finish, Long Scale, SOLD ~

~ SOLD ~

This was a full custom order that I made back in 2013. The guitar is spectacular if you like this finish, which I do.

It was delivered in 2013 as well and it has not been played. There are NO signs of wear, it has primarily sat in the case.
I’d estimate it has 2 hours of playing time on it and still has the factory installed strings, I think it’s time to change them.

The guitar is a very svelte 4 lbs. 5 oz. and feels really nice and light. The look of this guitar is unique, which is something I really like about it.
The Colllings Headstock Logo and all of the plastic parts are “Matching” Ivoroid, including the Bridge Pins.
The Label was signed by Bill and reads “CJ ALL MH CUST”

Besides all the “standard” Colling CJ MH model specs, here are the additional options that I chose for this build:

*1 3/4” NUT
*Mahogany Top
*Full DogHair finish
*Grained Ivoroid Bindings: Neck and Headstock
*Nickel Waverly Tuners with Oval Ivoroid Buttons
*Belly Bridge (standard)
*Simple Ivoroid Rosette
*Grained Ivoroid Pick Guard
*Ivoroid Bridge Pins
*Ivoroid Headstock Logo
*Ivoroid Fingerboard dots

Comes in it’s factory supplied Hard Shell case.

I have FAR too many instruments and this guitar is simply not getting used and someone should get to enjoy it.

If it helps anyone, I will consider a Deposit and Lay-Away, Terms to be discussed.

~~ This has been SOLD ~~

Last edited by largeal; 06-18-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:17 AM

How's it sound? I've never played an all hog guitar. I imagine that it's woodier than a spruce/hog?
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 03-26-2021, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

The guitar is stealthy and very light feeling, and to my ear, has a warm tone, you might say a bit less articulate than a similarly spec'd Spruce top CJ, but being light in weight, it's very resonant and balanced.
The bass is not dark or boomy, but clear, warm and present and the high end is bright and clear but not thin.

This is the best I can do to describe what I hear while playing it. I own other Vintage and newer Full-Mahogany and Full Koa guitars too and I always like playing them.

I also have spruce-topped guitars too, but I like having choices and mixing up the flavors.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeal View Post
The guitar is stealthy and very light feeling, and to my ear, has a warm tone, you might say a bit less articulate than a similarly spec'd Spruce top CJ, but being light in weight, it's very resonant and balanced.
The bass is not dark or boomy, but clear, warm and present and the high end is bright and clear but not thin.

This is the best I can do to describe what I hear while playing it. I own other Vintage and newer Full-Mahogany and Full Koa guitars too and I always like playing them.

I also have spruce-topped guitars too, but I like having choices and mixing up the flavors.
Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks.
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 04-21-2021, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Gotta say - I do like the looks of that finish and the details! Very unique - yet strangely quite tasteful. But, I just don’t need another hardwood topped guitar - GLWS! Someone is gonna get a very cool and unique guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars