The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-09-2013, 12:23 PM

Default Busking - Combine mic and electro acoustic signals for loop pedal

Hi there, new here, first posting.

My son uses a roland micro cube rx for busking, along with a little martin lx1e which has fishman isys preamp onboard.

He usually runs a microphone into the normal input of the amp, (the amp has a "mic" setting) - and the martin guitar into the "aux input" on the back of the amp.

This works fine, the volume of the guitar is controlled by the onboard volume pot, and the volume of the amp by the main volume control on the RX cube.

He has just got a Vox Lil Looper loop pedal, he chose it as it runs off batteries and can take a mic or guitar input.

HOWEVER

it can only take either or guitar or mic, and you have to switch between them with a little switch on the back of the pedal (presumably changes the impedance range it is looking for).

He would like to be able to connect both the guitar and amp to the pedal, not to use at the same time, but at least to have the ability to create vocal loops as well as instrumental.

So to cut a long story short, he needs a small mixer of some description which will take a microphone and an electro acoustic guitar signal, and "flatten" them into a single signal

It also needs to run off battery.

Does such a thing exist?

I will be happy to answer any further questions, I may not have explained it that well, and we are open to other suggestions, main thing is it must be battery powered and relatively small so it can go on a pedal board.

Hope you can help, I have searched the forum a bit, and read some interesting stuff - but nothing specifically that helps.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Sounds like he needs a Roland AC-33. It has a built in looper.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM

I have this mixer's big brother, works well.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ct-audio-mixer
Old 07-10-2013, 12:35 AM

that looks ideal, the Mackie thing, but it does not look like it runs off batteries?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 AM

I own a battery operated mixer that I've used out busking a few times. Works very well.

It's the Behringer 1002B
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...-compact-mixer

I'd be willing to sell mine as I no longer have any use for it. Let me know if you are interested.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 PM

might be intereted yes, but am in UK, so not sure what the postage would be?

How much would you be looking for?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM

Just sent you a PM.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 07-13-2013, 09:31 PM

I use a Roland Micro BR recorder to mix sometimes. The Zoom R24, R16 and R8 will do what you want as well. As will most of the Tascam mini recorders/mixers. All are battery powered, all offer effects, amp models, etc. Most offer parametric EQ and compression too.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:20 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I found this in Maplins, and for £20 decided to take a punt on it.

Don't think it is designed for guitars, but it works.

It seems to do the trick so far! Simple, no frills, just what I needed.

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...ed=0CE8Q8wIwAg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
busking, di box, impedance, looper