The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-17-2023, 03:46 PM

Default Journey OF66o

Hey folks

I just received one of these beauties. Had some funny things happen the first couple of assemblies. First time I was like, why is everyone complaining about high action? Mine action is real low. You know. So, I was wondering if any of you who own one of these, what do you do the keep the saddle in place? My falls out all the time. Maybe I should just get use to pulling it off and dropping back in before assembly.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com
Old 02-17-2023, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

That's funny. Mine has never fallen out. When I take the guitar apart, and when it's in the pack, there is enough pressure from the strings to keep it in place. My saddle isn't a tight fit into the slot. I suppose you could wedge a small strip of paper in behind the saddle, or maybe use a microscopic drop of glue to hold it in place. I did that with the nut, which was quite loose on mine.

j.jpg

Last edited by KevinH; 02-17-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:21 PM
Charter Member

I lost the saddle once when I travelled with my rt660 and the neck detached.

Since then I carry a spare blank and take the saddle out if i take it apart.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:48 PM

Losing the saddle is a known issue. The nut on mine wasn't glued in properly but that is okay with me. I swapped the nut with a Zero Fret and never glued it permanently in as it is held in place just fine when under tension. When I travel with the backpack I put both the saddle and the nut in the small zippered pouch and have had no issues with loss.

Journey does sell extra nuts and saddles on their website, I think 2 saddles for $10 in the event you ever do lose one.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber